Notices

Thread: Ang Mga Larawan Ng Santo Ba'y Bawal?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I respect that opinion, but as the doctrine said in the Bible. It's plain and simple. Just go to the room close the door no one should hear and pray to God secretly.
    That is written in Mathew 6:6. And it is figurative because if we should take it literally then man cannot pray everywhere. But no, man can pray everywhere. There was no room to close when Christ prayed in Gethsemani.

2. Default  
    Sa mga bahay sambahan ng mga Catholics ay hindi naman basta decoration lang ang mga rebulto ah. They are objects of worship. They kneel down to them. They whisper prayers to them. What is it? Talking to a lifeless thing. That was what David referred to in Psalms 135:15-18

The figures in the Solomon Temple was a different scenario. They were only decorations, materials, or at the most a representation of heavenly beings that are not to be worshipped like the angels. So people in the temple never did whisper prayers to the temple images in the Old Testament.

The New Testament record is a 60-year or so of historical record of early christians, disciples of Jesus the Messiah. Never once mentioned in that record that images of saints, whether the martyrs of that period or of the Old Testament fathers, were prayed to or part of their worship.

To me, I will emulate the example laid by the disciples of the Lord Jesus - worshipping God without the aid of images.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by agta View Post
    That is written in Mathew 6:6. And it is figurative because if we should take it literally then man cannot pray everywhere. But no, man can pray everywhere. There was no room to close when Christ prayed in Gethsemani.
    When we say figurative we meant exaggeration. If we refer to the scripture God never say any exaggerations. Lets take note that during the preaching of Jesus, he never applied a class room type of lectures infact we can read that he did his preaching in the open areas. What jesus did in Gethsemani is not a kind of showy stuff, disciples who attend to him sleep at that time. If we are going to pray the style of what Jesus did in Gethsemani is already obvious considering the present situation now. Very traffic, many people passing by, so noisy, pollution, it's no longer appropriate hehehe Tama lang talaga na sa room ka mag sarado ka then pray to GOD.

4. Default  
    Exodus 20 (New International Version)

Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments

1 And God spoke all these words: 2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
    3 "You shall have no other gods before me.
    4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Why dont catholics read carefully what the Lord says.

Who are we above the Bible, God's Word? The catholics believe with all their hearts that what they believe is God in worshipping idols. The Roman Catholic Church teaches and claim authority ABOVE the bible. The bible says that don't possess any idol in the form of anything, the RC Church teaches that it's ok as long as our hearts and minds are centered to God.

Asa man akong tuohan? God's Word or the RC's word?

Tubag.......!

5. Default  
    Ang Mga Larawan Ng Santo Ba'y Bawal?

ROMAN CATHOLIC AKO, NAKA LAKIHAN AT NA GISNAN KO NA ANG MAY SANTO SA BAHAY..HINDI AKO NAGBABASA NG BIBLIA (SORRY HA) BUT PAG PUMASOK KA SA BAHAY KO SASALUBONG SA IYO ANG NGITI NG SANTO NINO KO FACING TO MY MAIN DOOR..LARAWAN PAALA ALA LANG TULAD NG LARAWAN MO RIN, PALALA SA MGA TAONG NAKAKALIMOT..KANYA KANYANG PANIWALA LANG YAN..PARA SA AKIN HINDI BAWAL ANG LARAWAN NG MGA SANTO..ANG DAPAT BAWAL ANG LARAWAN NG MGA POLITIKO MASKI SAANG KALSADA NAG KALAT.
    life is short and borrowed make the BEST of it to the fullest. Life
    is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat
    you right.. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens
    for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
    If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be
    easy, they just promised it would be worth
    it.

6. Default  
    at ang paniwala ko sa panginoon di ko binabasa kasi, nasa puso at diwa ko..maraming gumagamit ng pangalan ng diyos, bawat litok..but..maka diyos bang talaga?
    it.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by brategamete View Post
    Exodus 20 (New International Version)

Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments

1 And God spoke all these words: 2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
    4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Why dont catholics read carefully what the Lord says.

Who are we above the Bible, God's Word? The catholics believe with all their hearts that what they believe is God in worshipping idols. The Roman Catholic Church teaches and claim authority ABOVE the bible. The bible says that don't possess any idol in the form of anything, the RC Church teaches that it's ok as long as our hearts and minds are centered to God.

Asa man akong tuohan? God's Word or the RC's word?

Tubag.......!
    Kaisog ba oroy!

Please read again what you have quoted above.

4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol..."

Unsa may "idol" sa binasaya beh? "Diyos-diyos"! Don't you know that an image or statue is not inherently "Diyos-diyos"? You should know that, or else even the statue of Dr. Jose Rizal would be considered as an idol. Your family pictures would be idols too; your post and my post in this thread would be idols too because letters of the alphabet are images.

So, when is an image or statue considered an idol? They are considered idols when they are worshipped as gods! That is what Almighty God prohibits: To worship as gods images or statues.

Now, do Catholics worship as gods the images and statues? Absolutely NO!

So, kinsa man imo toohan: Ang namasangil o ang gipatakaan ug pasangil?

Pili....
    Last edited by agta; 02-04-2009 at 09:43 PM.

8. Default  
    Mangorog man pod ta ninyo sa nerbyos oi, isog man mangutana..basa na lang ko..basta ako may Santo sa balay..ija ija..aho aho na lang ta..Sige continue mo dinhi lantugi..
    it.

9. Default  
    In faith, kinahanglan dili ta mag speculate, dili ta mag tigmu-tigmo, dili ta mag uru-imbento. We have to base our faith to what is written in the bible.

Ask your pastors, ministers or priests if you donít have time reading your bible. Listening too is one of the virtues taught to Christians. Kung dili sila available click the links below. Just be open-minded and reasonable. I hope you find it sensible too.

http://www.theoldpath.tv/videos.aspx...44lanvsoe12312

http://www.truthcaster.com/#

http://www.untvweb.com/

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
    In faith, kinahanglan dili ta mag speculate, dili ta mag tigmu-tigmo, dili ta mag uru-imbento. We have to base our faith to what is written in the bible.

Ask your pastors, ministers or priests if you donít have time reading your bible. Listening too is one of the virtues taught to Christians. Kung dili sila available click the links below. Just be open-minded and reasonable. I hope you find it sensible too.

http://www.theoldpath.tv/videos.aspx...44lanvsoe12312

http://www.truthcaster.com/#

http://www.untvweb.com/
    That's right! I just hope you abide with your own suggestion.
    Ug in addition, kinahanglan dili ta magpataka pamasangil.

You know what, spartacus, bisan gani kanang ngalan "Ang Dating Daan" inimbinto raman na! Wala na sa bible, kay ang toa didto :"Mga Dating Daan". Sa English pa: The Old Paths. Plural. Pero ang gi imbinto ni Soriano, gihimong "The Old Path". Ang plural gihimong singular.

Sensible diay basta siya magbawas sa nakasulat sa bible noh? Walang dagdag walang bawas daw! Sinungaling siya!
    Last edited by agta; 02-06-2009 at 03:34 AM.

Thread Information