Notices
 

Thread: Religion: the root of corruption?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. Default  
    #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    7
    pwede mo apil.

    My religion teaches me not be corrupt. Because my religion brings me to be like God, who is not corrupt.
     

  2. Default  
    #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    111
    Rep Power
    7
    People who are in the wrong religion are corrupt.

    People who dont have religion are corrupt.

    People who dont believe and follow their God are corrupt.

    People who dont believe God and dont believe that all good conduct and ethics come from Him are corrupt.
     

  3. Default  
    #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mindoro
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    7
    So you really want evidences that people in the government believe and fear God. That is so easy. Just simply asked then and they will tell you. Observe their activities: they go the churches, they pray, they even preach God's teachings. The Philippines is a religious society. Filipinos are superstitiously religious whether you accept that fact or not.

    My whole point is this: corruption start in the mind. Believing something without any solid proof is corruption at that start. This will lead you to other activities with that kind of mind set. And it really shows in politics, in ethics, in philosophy the very root of it all.
     

  4. Default  
    #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    7
    You are driving the issue out either intentionally or out of ignorance. The issue, to repeat, is your claim that "the people in government are religious and God-fearing".

    Do not change that issue. It is different from saying ""people in the government believe and fear God"."

    The acts you described in your post immediately preceding do not guarantee that a person performing them is indeed religious and God-fearing. They are external acts which may or may not indicate that the person is religious and God-fearing.

    Therefore, what you called easy, you failed to do.
     

  5. Default  
    #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Butuan City
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,051
    Rep Power
    9
    Dear ACPatagan, remember me? Still you are what you are hehehe walang ka dala dala. You know what? You are really challenging God for a fist fight. Man and God is incomparable. As I said to you before, we are not product of cosmic accident we are God's creation. Now if our Government is corrupt there is no doubt about it, it's no longer big deal because every country every leaders are no not blameless, if we have no God in our heart we are corrupt.

    Quote Originally Posted by acpatagnan View Post
    So you really want evidences that people in the government believe and fear God. That is so easy. Just simply asked then and they will tell you. Observe their activities: they go the churches, they pray, they even preach God's teachings. The Philippines is a religious society. Filipinos are superstitiously religious whether you accept that fact or not.

    My whole point is this: corruption start in the mind. Believing something without any solid proof is corruption at that start. This will lead you to other activities with that kind of mind set. And it really shows in politics, in ethics, in philosophy the very root of it all.
     

  6. Default  
    #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Butuan City
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,051
    Rep Power
    9
    "It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power."
     

  7. Default  
    #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mindoro
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Dear ACPatagan, remember me? Still you are what you are hehehe walang ka dala dala. You know what? You are really challenging God for a fist fight. Man and God is incomparable. As I said to you before, we are not product of cosmic accident we are God's creation. Now if our Government is corrupt there is no doubt about it, it's no longer big deal because every country every leaders are no not blameless, if we have no God in our heart we are corrupt.
    Yeah, I won't forget you. Nothing has change about me. I am not for any physical fist fight. I am here for a discussion. Nothing to be scared of (dala dala). Because reality and reason is on my side. Challenging God? Come on be realistic. There is no such being you call God. It's just human imagination and fantasy. You know it is only evading facts or evidences: that all people in the government are God believers. They have faith in God. But still there is corruption in the government. What makes it so? Simple: Believing on something without any basis in reality is arbitrary and causes the mind to be corrupted, irrational. Irrationality leads to corruption.
     

  8. Default  
    #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by acpatagnan View Post
    You know it is only evading facts or evidences: that all people in the government are God believers. They have faith in God. But still there is corruption in the government. What makes it so? Simple: Believing on something without any basis in reality is arbitrary and causes the mind to be corrupted, irrational. Irrationality leads to corruption.
    One of the errors that you are committing is your failure to see the difference between two different things. Such kind of erroneous process of thinking makes you jump from one point to nowhere at your destruction.

    For example: Now you insist that people in government are "God believers", and by that, in your view, they all have faith in God. And since you see that government is corrupt, you then made the conclusion that it is faith in God that makes people corrupt.

    You see the magic in your logic? Such conclusion of yours is clearly wrong, because, for one: TRUE FAITH, as clearly shown in post#2, is not compatible with CORRUPTION. Therefore, where there is corruption, rational men does not talk of presence of FAITH therein.

    But you seem to be carried not by correct reason but by what you want to believe. You want to believe that faith and corruption are "marriageable", and in fact you imagine them "married" already to each other. Why do you want to do this impossible feat? You want that faith and corruption should "marry" each other because you have no other way to destroy true FAITH. Therefore, you forced yourself to believe in the incredible, in your hope that by so doing you would appear credible.
     

  9. Default  
    #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mindoro
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    7
    No it is not jumping. It is related. It is interconnected. It is not impossible to show connection between faith and corruption.

    The starting point is this: Faith is believing on something without any evidence or proof to show. Knowledge start in our senses or sense perception then process it to form abstraction with the use of language. The word for example "chair" represent the actual chair. Higher abstraction or concepts like marriage, justice, economics etc can be traced backed to sense perception. But the word