Terms of Service
Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this website are copyrighted by BiliranIsland.com. You may copy these materials for personal use only, for example, for off-line browsing or to prepare a print copy. Any other use, including use on a website or in any commercial setting requires prior written permission. Were we can, we will normally not hesitate to give such permission freely for non-commercial uses, as long as you give us proper credit.
We have collected the materials on this site from various sources, all of which we believe are either in the public domain, or for which we have permission to use them on this site (including materials used under the principle of fair use). If, notwithstanding our efforts to use legal material only, you think you have rights to any material on this site, please contact us, and we will investigate the matter. Any infringing material will be removed immediately.
Biliran Island Guestbook Rules
- Harsh and bad words are prohibited.
- Nude pictures are not allowed.
- Don't upload copyrighted material, unless you're allowed
- Libelous words against other people will not be accepted in the guestbook.
- Advertisements and chain letters are highly discouraged.
- Solicitations without the consent of the administrator is a mortal sin.
- Criticisms are not allowed in the guestbook. A forum page and Biliran Blogs is provided for your criticisms and other discussions.
- No spamming.
Please be reminded that this website is owned by a private individual with the purpose of promoting Biliran tourism and creating a room for all Biliranons to converge. For the administrator to properly administer all your opinions and other concern it is a rule for him to stay neutral in every situation. Thank you!
Discussion Blogs Rules
Violation of any of these rules will result in the removal of comments. Repeat offenders will be banned.
1. Stay On Topic
- The topic of a blog entry is the topic for all comments pertaining to it. Beware of conversational drift.
- No meta-discussion. Meta-discussion is conversation about the conversation: about another person’s commenting style, about the blog rules, about the moderator’s decisions, etc. Don’t talk about the blog on the blog. Any issues with the blog community or its moderation should be addressed privately to the moderator.
2. Do Not Abuse, Harass, or Defame
- No personal attacks. Insulting, attacking, or denigrating another community member are ad-hominem attacks, which weaken debate and are not allowed under any circumstances. We have zero tolerance for taking an argument about any topic to a personal level.
- No baiting or gloating. Repeated taunting, sexual come-ons, or competitive posts toward another user constitute harassment and will get you banned. The object is intelligent discourse, not scoring points.
No defamatory speech. Denigration of or threats against any group of people due to their race, religion, nationality, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated
3. Do Not Spam
No commercial messages. Any spam posts will be removed immediately.
4. Do Not Post Copyrighted Material
You may post links to appropriate articles, but posting articles from other sources in their entirety violates our rules. Use your best judgment, since you agree to be held legally responsible for your own posts on this system, but if you must repost quotes or sentences, please credit the source.
5. Report Trolls and Spammers
We always appreciate help in identifying blog abusers and comment spam. Email the moderator with any concerns.
Violations of any of these rules will result in removal of the offending comment(s). Repeat offenders will be banned from the community.
By registering to participate in The Biliran Blogs you agree that you will not post any messages that are abusive, threatening, or violative of any laws. The BiliranIsland.com has the right to remove, edit, move or close any comment or thread for any reason.
All messages express the views of the author, and the BiliranIsland.com will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
(adopted from the PCIJ blog)