SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION
RALPH “RAFFY” A. SALAZAR
PLATFORM OF GOVERNMENT
A PLATFORM FOR UNITY AND COOPERATION, THE ROAD TO DEVELOPMENT AS A PEOPLE AND AS A PROVINCE
KAUSWAGON, KAUGMAON, KALINAW
“ONE BILIRAN, ONE PEOPLE, ONE VISION”
The future is ours.
Our agenda: I propose to the people an agenda of service and development through unity and cooperation. Under a mission to create a “ONE BILIRAN, ONE PEOPLE, ONE VISION,” we shall institute a platform of SERBISYO para sa KAUSWAGON, TRABAHO para sa KAUGMAON, nagdto sa tinuod nga KALINAW. I strongly believe in a development agenda that shall provide for employment and economic progress and end opportunism, favoritism, political dynasty, political rivalries and vendettas. I believe that in order for us to prosper, we Biliranons should unite to create an atmosphere for development and progress as a people and as a province.
I believe that progress can only be achieved through a united populace believing in a common vision for social transformation and the commitment for personal change. I shall bring back the accountability of public officials and actively pursue cases where there is abuse of authority and misuse of public funds. I shall give true meaning to the ideal “That public office is a public trust and that all government authority emanates from the people.” I shall restore trust in the provincial government through servant leadership. A leadership based on moral values with fear in the Lord Almighty and courage in the face of adversity.
I therefore propose a formula for service and development through good governance, transparency and accountability. A formula that shall be able to provide jobs to secure the people’s future in order that parents can provide for the basic needs of their children. My formula is thus simple, jobs and livelihood opportunities so that parents can put food on the table, send their children to school, provide for clothing, take care of their health, and provide a decent house for their family. This will in turn mean lesser crime and thus make for a peaceful community that shall provide the impetus for economic activities, encourage tourism and invite investors so we can pay for the province’s debts and provide a better climate for local businesses to thrive in Biliran.
Biliran has been ruled by one dynasty, and after more than 18 years of the dynasty, we have not had the chance to have better lives, but have sunk deeper into poverty. Again we face the specter of yet another dynasty. Let us “Have pity on our children whom we cannot provide for a better future.
Let us reject dynasty. I cannot do the fighting alone and I hope my courage will rub off on you. I ask you to be brave too. There must be a system of checks and balances where a governor is accountable to the people and not one family alone.
Let us therefore unite to dismantle political dynasty and end patronage politics that has so ruined our identity as a Biliranon. Let us restore the dignity and pride of being a Biliranon. Let us give each and every Biliranon a chance to succeed and secure a better future for our children and our children’s children. Let us give back the voice of the people so that they will be heard without fear of reprisal from any politician . Let us provide a road map for peace and prosperity for the future of our people. Join me therefore in this battle to claim our future. It is the courage to fight all evils that shall secure the victory of our people and of Biliran.
This I propose and this I shall do for the people of Biliran.
SERBISYO PARA SA KAUSWAGON
NO TO GRAFT AND CORRUPTION YES TO GOOD GOVERNANCE
NO TO POLITICS YES TO DEVELOPMENT
a. GOOD GOVERNANCE –
- Do away with graft and corruption in all levels of bureaucracy and pursue cases of abuse of authority and misuse of public funds.
- An advocacy of a clean and transparent governance.
- An ethical leadership based on the promotion of strong moral values in government service.
- A sound fiscal policy to address the issue on the province’s debt.
- Direct communication with the people through Ugnayan ng Bayan or Baranggayan.
- Putting up of a governor’s office in every municipality to bring the government closer to the people.
- Development of a One-Stop Processing Center for the effective delivery of Basic Services.
- Coordination with non-government organizations and people’s organization for a Biliran Development Agenda.
- Strengthen the relationship between all the local government units.
- People empowerment – Strengthening people’s participation in governance
b. GREEN ENVIRONMENT – Good Environmental management system for the province. Preservation of the environment as a whole, Biliran being a volcanic island and is a viable area for Eco-tourism.
NO TO MINING YES TO ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- Promotion of Biliran as an Eco-tourism destination
- Protection of Forested Areas through strict implementation of Forestry laws
- No to destruction of the ecological balance of the province
- Creation of Provincial Task Force on the Environment
- Promotion of Agricultural Development for the farmers
c. GREEN RENEWABLE ENERGY – focus on geothermal development
NO TO POWER RATE HIKES YES TO LOWER ELECTRICITY
- See to it that the geothermal plant shall be constructed in order that electricity rates will be lower
- Explore other renewable energy sources for the province
d. INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
- Construction and improvement of provincial roads and bridges
- Construction of additional classrooms
- Concreting of barangay roads
e. HEALTH AND SANITATION
- Improvement of all municipal rural health units by providing for more medicines and medical services especially on maternal and child health.
- Provide sanitation facilities in areas where there are no sanitation facilities especially in the barangays
- Provide ambulances for all local government units where there is no available one.
- Institutionalization of a solid waste management program for the province
- Improvement of provincial health services especially in the provincial hospital
- Provide for better benefits and incentives for rural health workers.
- Improvement of the health systems by means of a Health card for all Biliranons financed by the province- FREE MEDICAL SERVICES IN THE PROVINCIAL HOSPITAL
- Focus on Education Affordability for all
- Improved educational facilities in all elementary and public schools
- Grant more incentives to teachers from the province
- Provide college scholarships for poor but deserving student
g. YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
- Put in place a youth development desk in the province to coordinate and initiate programs for in school and out of school youths.
- Provide for opportunities for youth participation in all provincial activities
- Sports programs
- Skills training
TRABAHO PARA SA KAUGMAON- JOB GENERATION AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Initiate pro-poor programs for livelihood and resource development
- Setting up of credit facilities for the poor in the areas of food processing, handicraft, fisheries and agriculture
- Promotion of Cooperatives in all municipalities
- Invite investors to Biliran to provide more job opportunities
in fisheries, handicrafts, and agriculture.
TINUOD NGA KALINAW
- Bring back peace and to stop once and for all political killings and unite the people under a “One Biliran, One People, One Vision” program.
- Bring back the voice of the people so they can be heard without fear of reprisal from the leadership.
- Restore the honor, dignity and identity of the Biliranon whereby no political leader can lay claim that they own Biliran.
- End political dynasty and restore confidence in the provincial government
- Institutionalize a Quick Response Team in every municipality in terms of Crime Prevention and Control
- Provide better incentives and benefits for barangay tanods
- Invite investors in order that the province will generate income to pay it’s debts.
“IN THIS MY HUMBLE MISSION I ASK THE LORD ALMIGHTY FOR STRENGTH, WISDOM AND GUIDANCE.”
RALPH “RAFFY” A. SALAZAR