by: Lanie Pitao-Tupaz

NAVAL, Biliran – Graduates in 1986 of the Naval Institute of Technology (NIT) formerly Naval High School and Naval Institute of Technology (NIT) will host the grand alumni homecoming set on September 29, 2011.

In gratitude to their Alma Mater, to their contemporaries, and to all those who have influenced their lives as they reached to where they are now, Batch ’86 is wholeheartedly gathering their efforts in offering the best for the participants in the scheduled grand alumni homecoming.

The day-long activity starts with a thanksgiving mass, followed with a parade around Naval poblacion, a groundbreaking ceremony for the one-classroom building follows, then fun games, raffle draw, and the alumni night for all alumni to enjoy with lots of surprises.

Raffle tickets are sold at P20.00 each with netbook for the first prize, digital camera for second prize, two nights accommodation in Cebu City for the third prize, and 10 consolation prizes of P1,000 worth of grocery items.

Added color to the affair is the “Pasidungog” to deserving alumni who have succeeded in their fields and who have done exemplary contributions to the community as a whole.

Foremost among the thrusts in this year’s grand alumni homecoming is the launching of the “Build a Classroom Project” for the Naval State University (NSU) High School Laboratory.

The project is in line with this year’s alumni homecoming theme of “Paghanduraw, Pagsadya, ug Pagtinabangay”.

Alumni President, Fr. Noel Gayrama, and High School Laboratory Principal, Dr. Rizalina Danao, raised the need for classrooms and facilities for their high school students since 2004 due to the planned phase-out of the secondary department in the university.

Since NSU is the only public school offering secondary education within the town proper of Naval, the plan did not materialize. Thus, PTCA and some government officials helped in providing the needs of the laboratory high school to sustain its operation.

For more information regarding the grand alumni homecoming, interested participants may contract the host batch thru Ms. Levita Sallave-Carba at mobile # 09496594330.

Contributions/Donations may be deposited to Metrobank Naval Account No. 493-3-49321387-4 in the name of Levita Sallave-Carba/Yolando Ho Salomon. (LPT/PIA Biliran)

Previous articleHRET starts manual recount of Biliran votes
Next articleDOST-8 invites applicants for undergrad scholarship program


  1. News! Just happened today – 9/19/11

    Husband, 78, shot Filipino wife, 21, he met online in the head before setting fire to the house and turning the gun on himself

    By Rachel Quigley

    A 78-year-old man shot and killed his 21-year-old Filipino wife, then set their home on fire, before turning the gun on himself.

    Geunther Floerchinger, from Port St Lucie, Florida, is believed to have murdered his wife Carhina in an apparent murder-suicide.

    Police received two 911 calls to the property on Saturday after 1am.

    One from a neighbour saying Mrs Floerchinger asked her to take her four-year-old daughter away earlier that day and one from the husband saying that he had shot his wife and was going to shoot himself.

    Officers arrived to find the front door ajar and the man dead inside the home, behind the door.

    Officers also found the woman dead in a back bedroom of the home, which had interior smoke damage from a fire thought to be started with gasoline.

    Neighbour Steve Tango, a neighbour two doors away, told the Orlando Sentinel his wife Shannon woke him about 1am to say that their neighbour had phoned and asked that she remove the girl from his home.

    Mr Floerchinger was not the father of the little girl.

    The pair reportedly met online while Cahrina Floerchinger was still living in her native Phillippines.

    Mr Tango said his wife took the girl to their house and also phoned police.

    Officer Tom Nichols confirmed that 911 received two calls about the incident, one from a neighbour and the other from the suspect himself.

    ‘A white male called 911 and said he had just killed his wife and was going to kill himself,’ Officer Nichols said. ‘Before he turned the gun on himself, he set the house on fire.’

    He told the Orlando Sentinel that the woman had been shot in the head and the man, whose body was partly burned, appeared to have shot himself in the mouth.

    The couple had lived in the home for about a year, according to friends.

    Friends said the woman came to the United States with her daughter to marry and to find a better life. The young girl, friends said, was unharmed and is staying with family friends.

  2. OMG!!!! So Scary! Girls, Be extra careful in meeting strangers! There’s so much going on in this world that people can’t take anymore and lack of patience! I hope the child won’t suffer much emotional/psychological problems later. Sorry to hear about this.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here