by BiliranIsland.com Staff
Published 12:50 PM, September 08, 2016
Biliran Provincial Health Office (BPHO) report of diarrhea outbreak in Cabucgayan
DOH Regional Office 8/ Provincial DOH Office – Biliran:
- Meet with Local Health and LGU staff to identify needs.
- Collected water and stool samples for laboratory confirmation.
- Provided technical assistance in the control of cases.
- Provided resources such as jerry cans, hygiene kits, IV Fluids, etc in the RHU and Hospital.
- Augmented manpower such as Doctor, Nurses, Medtech etc in the RHU and the ProvincialHospital.
- Installed portalets (Portable toilet) in the Evacuation Center where patients in the RHU areobserved.
Provincial Health Office/
Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit:
- Provided medicines and other logistics to the RHU.
- Attended emergency meeting with Municipal Mayor, MHO, DOH-Rep and others.
- Conducted rectal swabbing and stool specimen collection for confirmatory testing in RITM.
- Assisted in re-examinion of water sources through water analysis with colilert machine.
- Intensified case finding and close monitoring.
- Dissemination of Health Advisories to municipal level.
- Conducted Brgy. Assembly in most affected five barangays for health education and preventionmeasures.
Municipal Health Office:
- Conducted consultation and management of diarrheal cases.
- Assisted in the collection of human and water samples for laboratory confirmation.
- Conducted advocacy campaign through “Bandillo” to inform the community of the presentproblem.
- Conducted water sample and examine through colilert machine.
- Assisted in chlorination of water sources positive in total coliforms.
- Distribution of IEC materials and logistics to affected households.
- Assisted in Brgy. Assembly to inform the public for the prevention.
Provincial Health Office:
1. Intensify surveillance activities in other municipalities and report accordingly
DOH Regional Office No. 8:
1. Immediately deploy mobile water treatment facility to supply safe water to the municipality while water sources are being rehabilitated.
- Practice proper personal hygiene such as frequent handwashing with soap and water
- Maintain cleanliness of surroundings
- Dispose properly human waste through use of sanitary toilets
- Cover foods and wash foods before cooking/eating
- Immediately bring cases to health facility to avoid deaths from dehydration.