By BiliranIsland.com Staff
First Posted 08:00 AM January 12, 2018
1. The DPWH Biliran recommendation for Caraycaray Bridge is total replacement. It remains when the budget will get approved.
2. 4-wheeled light vehicles can now pass through the Caraycaray Bridge. For vans, the passengers will have to alight before the vehicle crosses the bridge. Bags and cargoes are also unloaded before the vehicle crosses the bridge.
3. If PAGASA issues a Heavy rainfall warning, and the water rises, the bridge becomes off limits to vehicles and pedestrians.
4. Caraycaray Bridge was opened to motorcycles on Jan. 9, 2017 and Jan. 11 for light vehicles.
5. Possibly next week, the Macalpi section of the cross-country road will be passable to vehicle traffic.
6. The Talibong Bridge in Cabucgayan is passable for light vehicles. Heavier ones will have to use the detour.
7. The Tucdao Bridge is stable. They have fixed the damaged flood control structure above Tucdao National High School and the water now passes thru the usual path.
Source: BiliranIsland.com Interview with DPWH Assistant District Engineer Alfredo L. Bollido, on the latest updates of the Caraycaray Bridge and Biliran infra and roads.
Photos by Jalmz