- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
First Posted 12:28:00 PM 12/28/2018
NAVAL, Biliran – Tropical Depression Usman (35W) forecast to directly hit Biliran Island.
7:00 AM Tropical Depression Usman is now located about 453 kms. away from Naval, Biliran. Moving West North West at 13 kph. Forecast to directly hit Biliran Island.
PAGASA SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #12
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION #UsmanPH
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 8:00 AM, 28 December 2018
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today)
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “USMAN” HAS MAINTAINED ITS COURSE AS IT MOVES CLOSER TO EASTERN VISAYAS.
• “USMAN” may intensify into a Tropical Storm prior to landfall over Eastern Samar tonight.
• Moderate to heavy rains which may trigger flooding and landslides is expected over Visayas, Bicol Region, Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, Romblon, and Quezon. Residents of these areas, especially those living near river channels and in low-lying and mountainous areas, are advised to take appropriate measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates.
• Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the seaboards of areas under TCWS #1, the seaboards of Northern Luzon, the eastern seaboards of Central and Southern Luzon, and the eastern seaboard of Surigao Provinces due to the approaching Tropical Depression and the surge of the Northeast Monsoon.
• “USMAN” may exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility between Sunday evening (December 30) and Monday morning (December 31).
Location of eye/center At 7:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “USMAN” was estimated based on all available data at 250 km East of Guiuan, Eastern Samar(10.8°N, 128.0°E).
Strength: Maximum winds of up to 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 65 km/h.
Movement: Moving West Northwest at 10 km/h.
• 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): 95 km South Southeast of Masbate City, Masbate(11.6°N, 124.0°E)
• 48 Hour(Sunday morning):160 km North Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan(11.1°N, 118.2°E)
• 72 Hour(Monday morning): 70 km Southwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(10.5°N, 113.7°E)
• 96 Hour(Tuesday morning):295 km West Southwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR)(9.8°N, 110.8°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL
TCWS#1 (30-60 km/h Expected in 36 hours)
Northern Palawan incl Calamian group of Islands, Camarines Norte, Southern Quezon, Marinduque, Romblon, Catanduanes, Camarines Sur, Albay, Sorsogon, Masbate, including Ticao and Burias Islands, Southern Occidental Mindoro, Southern Oriental Mindoro, and Cuyo Eastern Samar, Northern Samar, Samar, Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Northern Cebu including Camotes Islands, Aklan, Capiz, Iloilo,Guimaras, Antique, and Northern Negros Occidental Dinagat Island