By BiliranIsland.com Staff
Published 11:55 PM, November 30, 2019
Updated 9:00 AM, December 02, 2019
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #9
FOR: TYPHOON “#TisoyPH” (KAMMURI)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 8:00 AM, 02 December 2019
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today)
TYPHOON “TISOY” MAINTAINS ITS STRENGTH WHILE MOVING WESTWARD.
Heavy Rainfall Outlook
• Until this afternoon: Occasional heavy rains over Bicol Region, Samar Provinces and Biliran. Intermittent heavy rains over Northern Cebu, Northern Negros Island, Dinagat Islands, Siargao Island, and the rest of Eastern Visayas.
• Between this afternoon and tomorrow noon: Frequent to continuous heavy to intense rains over Bicol Region, Northern Samar, Southern Quezon, and Marinduque. Occasional heavy rains over Romblon, Mindoro Provinces, Samar, Eastern Samar and the rest of CALABARZON. Intermittent heavy rains over Metro Manila, Central Luzon, eastern portions of Cagayan and Isabela, and the rest of Eastern Visayas.
• Between tomorrow noon and Wednesday noon: Frequent to continuous heavy to intense rains over Central Luzon, Metro Manila, CALABARZON, Bicol Region, Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, and Romblon. Intermittent to occasional heavy rains over Cordillera Administrative Region, Cagayan Valley, Pangasinan, Aklan, Capiz, and northern Antique.
• Residents in the aforementioned areas, especially those living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to flooding and rain-induced landslides, are advised to take appropriate actions, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the Thunderstorm or Rainfall Advisories and Heavy Rainfall Warnings to be issued by PAGASA Regional Services Divisions.
Other Hazards and Information
• Storm surge with height of 1 to 3 meters may affect several coastal areas in Quezon, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, and Samar. For more information, refer to “Storm Surge Warning #2” issued at 5:00 AM today.
• Sea travel is risky over the seaboards of areas under TCWS, the seaboards of Northern Luzon, the western seaboard of Palawan, central seaboards of Visayas, and the northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao due to prevailing or forecast rough sea conditions which may be perilous for maritime activities, especially for those using small seacrafts.
• Gusty conditions may also be experienced in areas in Northern Luzon that are not under any TCWS (especially in the coastal and mountainous zones) due to the Northeast Monsoon.
• “TISOY” is forecast to make landfall over Catanduanes, Albay or Sorsogon between tonight and tomorrow early morning.
Location of eye/center At 7:00 AM today, the eye of Typhoon “TISOY” was located based on all available data at 275 km East of Virac, Catanduanes (13.1°N, 126.7°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of up to 150 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 185 km/h.
Movement Moving West at 20 km/h.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): In the vicinity of Libmanan, Camarines Sur (13.7°N, 123°E)
• 48 Hour (Wednesday morning): 185 km West of Subic, Zambales (14.6°N, 118.6°E)
• 72 Hour (Thursday morning): 540 km West of Iba, Zambales (14.8°N, 115.0°E)
• 96 Hour (Friday morning): 140 km North Northwest of Kalayaan, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR) (12.2°N, 113.8°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNAL
TCWS #3 (121-170 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 18 hours)
Catanduanes, eastern portion of Camarines Sur (Caramoan, Presentacion, Garchitorena, Lagonoy, Tinambac, Siruma, San Jose, Goa, Tigaon, Ocampo, Sagñay, Buhi, Iriga City, Baao, Nabua, Bato), Albay, and northern portion of Sorsogon (Donsol, Pilar, Castilla, Sorsogon City, Prieto Diaz, Gubat, Casiguran, Barcelona, Juban, and Magallanes)
TCWS #2 (61-120 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 24 hours)
Metro Manila, Bulacan, Southern Aurora (Dingalan), Cavite, Batangas, Laguna, Rizal, Quezon including Polillo Islands, Oriental Mindoro, Occidental Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Camarines Norte, rest of Camarines Sur, rest of Sorsogon, and Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar, and Biliran
TCWS # 1 (30-60 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 36 hours)
Southern Isabela (Palanan, Dinapique, San Mariano, San Guillermo, Benito Soliven, Naguilian, Reina Mercedes, Luna, Aurora, Cabatuan, San Mateo, Cauayan City, Alicia, Angadanan, Ramon, San Isidro, Echague, Cordon, Santiago City, Jones and San Agustin), Mountain Province, Ifugao, Benguet, Nueva Vizcaya, Ilocos Sur, La Union, Pangasinan, Quirino, rest of Aurora, Nueva Ecija, Tarlac, Pampanga, Zambales, Bataan, and Calamian Islands Aklan, Capiz, Antique, Iloilo, Guimaras, northern portion of Negros Occidental (Bacolod City, Bago City, Cadiz City, Calatrava, Enrique B. Magalona, Escalante City, La Carlota City, Manapla, Murcia, Pulupandan, Sagay City, Salvador Benedicto, San Carlos City, San Enrique, Silay City, Talisay City, Toboso, Valladolid, Victorias City), Northern Cebu (Daanbantayan, Bantayan, Madridejos, Santa Fe, Medellin, Bogo City, San Remigio, Tabogon, Tabuelan, Borbon, Sogod, Catmon, and Asturias), Metro Cebu (Balamban, Toledo City, Pinamungahan, Aloguinsan, Naga City, Talisay City, Cordova, Minglanilla, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Cebu City, Consolacion, Liloan, Compostela, and Danao City), Leyte, and Southern Leyte Dinagat Islands and Siargao Island
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 11 AM today.
Typhoon Kammuri (Tisoy) Track
JMA and JTWC LATEST TRACK