- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
First Posted 11:51PM 5/13/2020
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #14
FOR: TYPHOON #AmboPH (VONGFONG)
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 2:00 PM, 14 May 2020
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today)
“AMBO” HAS MADE LANDFALL OVER SAN POLICARPO, EASTERN SAMAR AND MOVING TOWARDS NORTHERN PORTION OF SAMAR PROVINCE.
• “Ambo” has made landfall over San Policarpo, Eastern Samar at 12:15 PM today.
• The eyewall of Typhoon “Ambo” is bringing violent winds and heavy to intense rains over the northern portion of Eastern Samar. Northern portion of Samar and southern portion of Northern Samar will be affected by the eyewall in the coming hours.
Heavy Rainfall Outlook:
• Today (14 May): Heavy to intense rains over Samar Provinces, Masbate, Sorsogon, and Catanduanes. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Albay, Camarines Sur, and the rest of Eastern Visayas.
• Tomorrow (15 May): Heavy to intense rains over Bicol Region. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Northern Samar, Quezon, Aurora, Marinduque, and Romblon.
• Residents in these areas are advised to take appropriate measures, coordinate with local disaster risk reduction and management offices, and continue monitoring for updates, especially the local rainfall or thunderstorm advisories and heavy rainfall warnings from PAGASA Regional Services Divisions (PRSD). Flooding and rain-induced landslides may occur in highly to very highly susceptible areas during heavy or prolonged rainfall.
Coastal Water Conditions and Storm Surge Information:
• Within 24 hours, storm surge of 2.0 to 4.0 meters may be experienced over the coastal areas of Northern Samar, Eastern Samar (east coast), Samar (west coast), Sorsogon, Albay, Catanduanes, Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Quezon, and Aurora. Along with large swells, this storm surge may cause potentially life-threatening coastal inundation.
• Sea travel is risky for all types of seacrafts over the seaboards of areas under TCWS.
Location of eye/center: At 1:00 PM today, the eye of Typhoon “AMBO” was located based on all available data including those from Guiuan Doppler Radar in the vicinity of Oras, Eastern Samar(12.2°N, 125.4°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of up to 155 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 190 km/h.
Movement: Moving West at 15 km/h.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): In the vicinity of Lopez, Quezon (13.8°N, 122.4°E)
• 48 Hour (Saturday morning): In the vicinity of Tineg, Abra (17.9°N, 120.9°E)
• 72 Hour (Sunday morning): 75 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (21.0°N, 122.4°E)
• 96 Hour (Monday morning):780 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (24.7°N, 128.0°E)
• 120 Hour (Tuesday morning):1,915 km Northeast of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (30.9°N, 137.2°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNAL
TCWS #3 (121-170 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 18 hours)
Sorsogon, Albay, Masbate including Ticao and Burias Islands, Catanduanes, and southern portion of Camarines Sur (Cabusao, Libmanan, Pasacao, Pamplona, Canaman, Magarao, Bombon, Calabanga, Camaligan, Gainza, San Fernando, Milaor, Naga, Tinambac, Siruma, Pili, Goa, Lagonoy, Garchitorena, Minalabac, Caramoan, Presentacion, Bula, Ocampo, Tigaon, San Jose, Balatan, Nabua, Baao, Sagnay, Bato, Nabua, Iriga, Buhi)
Northern Samar, the northern portion of Eastern Samar (Jipapad, Arteche, Maslog, Dolores, Oras, San Policarpio, Can-avid, Taft, Sulat, San Julian, Borongan City, Maydolong), the northern portion of Samar (Calbayog City, Sta. Margarita, Gandara, Pagsanghan, San Jorge, Matuguinao, San Jose de Buan, Catbalogan, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas, Tarangnan, San Sebastian, Hinabangan), and Biliran
Areas under TCWS #3 will experience strong to destructive typhoon-force winds during the passage of the typhoon.
TCWS #2 (61-120 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 24 hours)
Camarines Norte, rest of Camarines Sur, the southern portion of Quezon (Mauban, Sampaloc, Lucban, Sariaya, Tayabas City, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Atimonan, Padre Burgos, Plaridel, Agdangan, Unisan, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macalelon, Lopez, Caluag, General Luna, Catanauan, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Buenavista, San Narciso, Mulanay, San Andres, San Francisco), and Marinduque
The northernmost portion of Leyte (Calubian, San Isidro, Tabango, Leyte, Capoocan, Carigara, Barugo, San Miguel, Babatngon, Tunga, Alangalang, Sta. Fe, Palo, Tacloban City, Jaro), the rest of Samar, and the rest of Eastern Samar
Areas under TCWS #2 will experience strong to damaging gale/storm-force winds during the passage of the typhoon.
TCWS #1 (30-60 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 36 hours)
Aurora, the southern portion of Nueva Ecija (General Mamerto Natividad, Palayan City, Cabanatuan, Santa Rosa, Jaen, San Isidro, San Antonio, Cabiao, Bongabon, Gabaldon, General Tinio, Laur, San Leonardo, Peñaranda, Gapan City), Bulacan, Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, the rest of Quezon, Romblon, Bataan, and Pampanga
The rest of northern portion of Leyte (Villaba, Kananga, Matag-ob, Palompon, Ormoc, Merida, Isabel, Ormoc City, Albuena, Pastrana, Dagami, Tanauan, Tabontabon, Tolosa, Barauen, Julita, Dulag), the northeastern portion of Capiz (Pilar), the northeastern portion of Iloilo (Carles, Balasan, Estancia, Batad), and Northern Cebu (Medelin, Daanbantayan, Madridejos, Bantayan, Santa Fe)
Areas under TCWS #1 will experience strong to near gale-force winds during the passage of the typhoon.
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next Severe Weather Bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today.
TYPHOON AMBO (VONGFONG) Track