BiliranIsland.com Staff
BiliranIsland.com
First Posted 8:12 AM 11/22/2023

Culaba, Biliran— A two-storey ancestral house was totally damaged during a fire caused by accidental ignition of a lighter about 11: 10 in the morning on Monday, Nov 20 in Brgy. Virginia here.

Provincial Fire Marshal Senior Inspector Zardoz V. Abela identified the house owner as Eugenia Matic, legal age, single, farmer, and a resident of Brgy. Virginia here.

Investigation conducted by SFO3 Dennis A Canonoy disclosed that the victim ‘s grandchild who is suffering from down syndrome was allegedly playing with a lighter which accidentally caused a fire to their house. Because the house was made of light materials the fire quickly spread into the house totally turning the house to ashes.

The fire was under control about 11: 30 in the morning and was totally out about 11: 40 on the same day. No one was reported injured from the fire with an estimated damage of P300, 000.

Fire trucks from the nearby towns of Caibiran and Kawayan also assisted in the fire fighting of the house.

Comments

Previous articleClasses in Biliran Island suspended due to bad weather
Next articleBag-ong napili nga SK Chairperson mitaliwan sa edad nga 22

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here