First Posted 11:43 AM 12/04/2023
Kawayan, Biliran— Death came at 15 yr. old student fell from a mango tree after his foot struck a livewire while climbing about 3: 00 in the afternoon on Friday, December 1, in Brgy. San Lorenzo of this municipality.
Police identified the victim as Adrian, 15, a resident of Brgy. San Lorenzo here.
A witness identified as Mia, 12, Grade 6 pupil, a neighbor of the victim told police that she together with the victim and several neighbors climbed the mango tree in front of their house. She said that after a few minutes, they noticed that the victim slowly slipped from the mango tree and fell to the ground head first. She added that they immediately called for help from their relatives and observed that the victim had burn marks on his left hand and right foot.
Initial investigation conducted by responding police disclosed that there was a live electric wire running through the branches of the mango tree adding that some residents had noticed sparks from the wire a few weeks ago, but it was not reported. The victim who was brought to the Rural Health Unit of this Municipality was declared Dead on Arrival by Dr. Christine S. Balasbas, Duty Physician of RHU Kawayan, Biliran.
The cadaver of the victim was turned over to his immediate family members.