PDA

View Full Version : Crab Mentality!

justme
01-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I really hate this kind of mentality of the Filipinos...!

When you're doing so good in your job, some narrow minded crabs are really trying to pull you down. What the f*$#!

and they always make pa "sip sip" to the highness.. for goodness sake!

the good thing you do will always be forgotten... but when you make a mistake... it's the only thing that is seen!

Why is it like this??<teary eyed>

jun villato
01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
You Are Right!!!!!!!!
Crab Mentality Is One Of The Reason Why Filipino People Suffering From Poverty,
Isipin Mo Ang Mga Talangka Nasa Loob Ng Lambat Kapag Maka Akyat Na Ang Isa Sa Taas Hihilain Din Ito Nga Mga Kasama Niya Pababa
Paano Sila Makaligtas?
Ganyan Ang Ibang Tao,
Thats Because Of Jelous And Envy..

Hayyyyyyyyyyyy

Dont Be like Them
Hindi Tayo Mga Talangka

Bill Gregory
01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure that I'd class it as one of the main reasons for poverty, but in terms of young people finding work and progressing because of their talent I think it is a big worry.

I was very lucky at the same stage of my life because I had a succession of great managers in several companies up until my early thirties. They were interested in pushing me up and not keeping me down, they gave me the confidence to take initiatives and achieve things. I was in no way exceptional at my work, but they knew I was totally honest and reliable. I was allowed to use my initiative because my management knew that if I fouled up I would tell them immediately and hide nothing. This I must add was across several countries and different management styles.

Contrast my perhaps lucky experience with what happens here. Managers will rarely allow initiative. People are frightened to do anything without clearing it with their boss first. If you can't find your boss and go ahead and do good, will you get praised? Little chance, but your boss will take the credit personally. Good managers always credit their people with achievements and the top management recognise this and the stature of the manager goes up in their eyes. There is no need to worry about your juniors taking your job.

It isn't just in the Philippines though - I remember working with a company in Malaysia and my main contact was a competent young lady and we worked closely together. One day I arrived and found that she had missed a deadline for submission of quite a big money proposal to a potential client. She was three hours late at that moment and the client project manager had told her he couldn't accept the proposal. I advised her to go straight to her Managing Director, who was a good guy, tell him the problem and ask if he could possibly ring the client MD and ask as a favour to be allowed to submit the proposal. She could see the sense in what I said but was too frightened. I warned her that if her MD discovered later then she really would be in trouble, but she was still too frightened. Now I know that her MD wouldn't have been over-pleased with her, but mistakes happen and he would have been pleased and proud of her that she had come to him immediately with the problem. Now she was compounding her error with deceit and evasion.

hedwig
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
i agree with you Just... crab mentality is always anywhere thats why we are suffering some kind of a problem which make our life into miserable sometimes...

you work very hard and if somebody knows or notice that you are soaring high,, heto na,, someone will find faults so that you will be pull down, instead of helping you,, sisiraan na,, of about ten good works ,, isang mali lang,, boom!!!,, sorry kana lang..

hay naku kailan pa kaya mgababago ugali natin.. palagi nalang ba ganito???

hey dudes wake up!!!!

jalmz
04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
nice ang topic ni pastor karun, About Crab Mentality,

pag ang alimango hapit na gani maka gawas sa balde, kaptan sa uban para matagak. wahehehe

kining mga aw anon sa biliranisland.com, wla nalay mahimu cge nalang ug pandaot.

hedwig
04-03-2008, 05:39 PM
nice ang topic ni pastor karun, About Crab Mentality,

pag ang alimango hapit na gani maka gawas sa balde, kaptan sa uban para matagak. wahehehe

kining mga aw anon sa biliranisland.com, wla nalay mahimu cge nalang ug pandaot.

... yezzz thats it bai jalmzzz.. kay wa may angay ilang furom ug site he hhe he... and they are nonsense people who ruin this site... ang maayo siguro sa ila lutuon dayun butangan ug tono sa lubi.. di masarap na alimango...