PDA

View Full Version : smartbro wireless internet this march at naval

jxdice
03-13-2008, 09:01 PM
smartbro wireless internet of smart broadband, inc. will be available at naval starting end of march 2008. plan is P999.00 per month and that's unlimited use. if you want to include PC with lisence operating system, package cost is P2,600.00 per month for 12 months.

The process is very simple. Fill-up application forms with my agent available in the area with one month advance payment. Smart technical people will then set-up the connection to your designated place and you can check the connection speed right after.

If interested, please email me at [email protected]

Introducing SMART BRO. The revolutionary high-speed broadband internet service of Smart, the leader in wireless innovation. SMART BRO brings broadband internet into your home by using the nationwide cellular network of Smart to wireless connect your PC to the internet! Speed is up to 384 kbps. You get a broadband connection that's up to 7x faster than dial up.

diveman
03-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Can you confirm a date for Smart bro service. Also is this just the availability of the service using the Naval existing tower or will SMART be upgrading the service to accomodate proper speeds.

As we know SMART bro wireless internet is run on the 3G band of Smarts cellular signal, which at present is not present in the Naval Hardware. We currently can only use the GPRS band at 56k speeds only as even the EDGE services aren't available here.

I would welcome a new ISP here as am a long disgruntled Globelines subscriber.

Long Story short: "Thenk Innove Communications"

I waited 6 months for Install that was promised in 3 to 5 business days
I Paid 10,000 pesos 3 times for overspan charges (conveniently forgotten to be credited by globelines)
I paid 2,500 per month for a year as they had me on the wrong package and wouldnt let me change my plan because of a name error on the account which took them 15 months to fix.
I continue paying them monthly bills when according to both their office staff in cebu and ormoc and the telephone (Customer No Service) personell, they owe me a credit of 8,000 + but which to this date has never show2n on my bills and gets overlooked monthly.
Am frequently without service and get no where near the rated line sppeds they list.
Am receiving disconnection notices for a new service I applied for in Atipolo, which they have yet to install but have been billing me for for over 4 months now.

I would be interested to hear others experiences with our friends at Innove Communications.

cuizon_wynn
03-14-2008, 07:55 PM
hello good eve, this is fidelyn cuizon from ILAWOD CARAY2X. I WILL JUST ask if ok na ba yung application form ko sa one of the agent dyan sa may RIVERSIDE, CARAYCARAY, I APPLIED LAST DECEMBER., if ever, pwede ba akoa maka hingi sayo ng application form again,,,, hope to meet you personallly,,,for i can have my connection soon, i been waiting for 4 months already,,,
by the way this is my email add:[email protected]

jalmz
03-20-2008, 08:43 AM
jxdice you mean isa lang ang tower na may smartbro provider?

may idea ka ba, kelan ma activate ang smartbro sa ibang town ng biliran?

jalmz
03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
jxdice..

I Hope you can provide answers or some informations regarding the SMARTbro..

nakakaluka na talaga ang Globe sa Naval, Down lang palagi yung Internet.. this is the time na mag transfer na kami nang provider...

this is the disadvantage pag walang competinsya ang Globe.. mahina ang service nila.. since 2005 pa yung problem natu... pag tatawag ka sa customer service nila, palagi nalang Sorry for the Inconvenience.. hahay...

I aggree with diveman..

yung LIVE STREAMING namin sa Radyo Natin, palagi nalang napuputol because of Globe.

Wowie
03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
So its finally available here in our town, I guess Globelines should value their customers or else they will lose a huge number of clients.

By the way jxdice, what is the operational coverage area of Smartbro?

viper
04-01-2008, 07:06 AM
The secret when complaining to globelines is: BE MAKULIT. Don't let up until they send you the promised service technicians,hehe!
Smart Bro operating only at 56k??? Why that would set you back to the age of dial-up modem! Paging jxdice, what is the REAL bandwidth speed of your product??

jalmz
04-01-2008, 08:51 AM
hi viper,

hindi po 56k internet speed yung smartbro.. Smart Bro speed of up to 384 kbps. Unlimited. Smart Bro 999 ..
Wireless Broadband Internet, nasa gitna yung "Broadband" hehe... as long as malapit ka sa tower d ka magkaka problema. mas mabilis pa yung connection mo..

compare to Globe, mahina talaga sila. :p

viper
04-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Thats what you say jalmz. But you should see our connection here. Thats courtesy of globelines. The Difference is the plan that you have applied for. Why pay for a 384kbps when you can have something faster, say 1mbps+??? I'm not Pro-globelines, simply a satisfied costumer,hehe.. Well, goodluck on your planned change.:p:p:p

jalmz
04-01-2008, 11:19 AM
then your paying to high.. =)

viper, my concern is... dapat stable yung internet connection..

de Quesada
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Sir mga kailan kaya mag operate smart bro internet ? abot ba yan sa caibiran? kasi sa ngayun nga nawawala pa mdalas signal ng smart sa cellphone sa caibiran, may computer shop kasi ako sa caibiran mga 4 month na nag operate kailngan ko ng internet malaking tulong sana sa caibiran yun lalo na sa mga may mga relatives sa ibang bansa easy communication yun para sa mga kababayan ko,
may alam ako na internet provider may sarili kang satelite dish na i provide nila ng company kaso monthly bill mo 17,000 naka lock ka ng 2 years, tapos one time fee 70,000 para sa satelite dish at insatallation nila MAHAL! kaya sana improve ng smart service kasama sana caibiran sa smart bro.:)

viper
04-01-2008, 02:51 PM
then your paying to high.. =)

viper, my concern is... dapat stable yung internet connection..

If you want a better service then be willing to fork out more for it. Me thinks, smart bro will compare to the cheaper plans of globelines in terms of service and "stableness" of connection. But i still stand to be corrected on it, since it has not yet started operating here. I consider smart bro best for use in towns where there are no telephones/dsl services you can connect to (best example: MARIPIPI). Or if you plan to hie off to the mountains/beach and still want to be up to date with the internet..

annz
04-01-2008, 04:16 PM
abot ba ang signal sa smartbro sa larazabal?

jalmz
04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
according to smartbro representive, the subscriber’s antenna must have a clear “line-of-sight” alignment and be within a 1.5 km. radius from a Smart cellsite.

pag malapit ka sa Smart Cell site, the more maganda yung connection mo..

jalmz
04-01-2008, 04:29 PM
If you want a better service then be willing to fork out more for it. Me thinks, smart bro will compare to the cheaper plans of globelines in terms of service and "stableness" of connection. But i still stand to be corrected on it, since it has not yet started operating here. I consider smart bro best for use in towns where there are no telephones/dsl services you can connect to (best example: MARIPIPI). Or if you plan to hie off to the mountains/beach and still want to be up to date with the internet..

viper let us compare the SmartBro Plan 999 and my Globe connection in Naval which is cost 1,500 per month..

mas mabilis at d maputol pa yung 999 pesos, kaysa 1,500 pesos.

gadsmand
04-01-2008, 04:52 PM
ako mu balhin jud kog smart...
wa na juy klaru ang globe ruhn...

cuizon_wynn
04-01-2008, 04:59 PM
hello,,, guys at last may ada na dyud smart bro connection dito sa naval,,,,

cuizon_wynn
04-01-2008, 05:01 PM
HELLO.... NAG APPLY KANA sa smamrt bro?

cuizon_wynn
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
yeah of course,,, kasi if may signal anf smart mo espicially part ka ng naval ,,,, may connection yan,,,

jalmz
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Smartbro internet access is now available in Naval. For inquiries pls contact Ms. Weng of Smartbro Eastern Visyas at 09289848141 or you may email her at [email protected] Happy internet surfing

Smartbro-EV
04-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Good evening guys! This is titan of Smartbro Tacloban. We were in Naval yesterday and had our booth set-up in front of the church to service more Smartbro applicants. We're glad with the many inquiries and additional applicants for Smartbro Internet Service that we've had just yesterday alone.

FYI: Smartbro Plan 999 (unlimited) is already up in Naval. Our Technical Department is just applying its finishing touches to register Smartbro Naval's map information (grid number, map name, section number) and all those technical infos needed. --- this is all that we wait and installations will follow, soon.

Smartbro-EV
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
By the way jamlz, thanks for the heads up!

cuizon_wynn
04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm tthanks sa smart bro

jun villato
04-02-2008, 08:05 AM
what if i have already a smart bro here in manila then ill bring it there in our province,,can i still use it? nationwidest naman yun di ba?

viper
04-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Good evening guys! This is titan of Smartbro Tacloban. We were in Naval yesterday and had our booth set-up in front of the church to service more Smartbro applicants. We're glad with the many inquiries and additional applicants for Smartbro Internet Service that we've had just yesterday alone.

FYI: Smartbro Plan 999 (unlimited) is already up in Naval. Our Technical Department is just applying its finishing touches to register Smartbro Naval's map information (grid number, map name, section number) and all those technical infos needed. --- this is all that we wait and installations will follow, soon.

Does that mean to say only NAVAL will have access to smartbro???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

jalmz
04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
yeap.. thats ryt viper... 1.5 km away from the base.. hehe

Pauwooly
04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi, just curious... Abot ba sa Anas Atipolo ang signal sa Smart Bro??? i hope abot didto... Thanks

Pau

FeM
04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Pwd po ask ? Sa Biga-a ba ,available vah smart Bro ? When po vah talaga magstart ng pagconnect.Ferlinda poh 2.

since1980
04-02-2008, 04:10 PM
viper let us compare the SmartBro Plan 999 and my Globe connection in Naval which is cost 1,500 per month..

mas mabilis at d maputol pa yung 999 pesos, kaysa 1,500 pesos.

funny but my GF who lives in a town in Cebu wants to cancel her Smart Bro internet service and shift to Globe Broadband. She says the actual Smart Bro speed is not the advertised 384kbps but actually much lower, the 384kbps only occur during midnight to dawn when not many are online.

my advise to current globe broadband users, review the following first before jumping on the smart bro bandwagon in Naval:

these are the comments from actual smart bro users...
http://www.txtpower.org/forums/topic.php?id=35
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080307090228AA5poS9

cuizon_wynn
04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
hello guys ask ko lang if ang connection ba ng smart bro ABOT sa caraycaray?

jalmz
04-02-2008, 04:42 PM
since 1980,

I disagree with your comments.

It really depends how the SmartBro antenna is installed.. and how far the smartbro antenna from the tower... If obstructions such as trees and building or other structures that might block the antenna, your internet connection will get affected

Im Using Globelines for 4 years, alam ko yung mga disadvantages ng Globelines,

Even sa pag apply, mas mabilis pa ang Smartbro kay sa Globelines.. and Customer Service...

jalmz
04-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Pwd po ask ? Sa Biga-a ba ,available vah smart Bro ? When po vah talaga magstart ng pagconnect.Ferlinda poh 2.

1.5 km away from the base tower(Castin St. Naval), ang abot nang signal ng SmartBro.

cuizon_wynn
04-02-2008, 05:06 PM
hello ask ko lang if pwede ba mag karoon ng smart connection , tapos d ak masyado malapit sa smart base station dito sa naval,,, pwede ba yong,,, thanks

since1980
04-02-2008, 08:53 PM
since 1980,

I disagree with your comments.

It really depends how the SmartBro antenna is installed.. and how far the smartbro antenna from the tower... If obstructions such as trees and building or other structures that might block the antenna, your internet connection will get affected

Im Using Globelines for 4 years, alam ko yung mga disadvantages ng Globelines,

Even sa pag apply, mas mabilis pa ang Smartbro kay sa Globelines.. and Customer Service...

Im just basing my opinion on actual experience. My GF and I chat on Yahoo Messenger almost everyday, she's on Smart Bro while Im on Globelines Broadband, her signal drops significantly especially when she uses the webcam, the video is choppy and slow so she just turns off her cam.

I suggest to would be smart bro subscribers to conduct online research first before they decide to switch.

As I said, the advertised speed of 384 kbps is not constant, in fact, it would almost never reach that speed during daytime.

The 1.5km maximum range in Naval is so short, It would not even reach upper Calumpang, Caraycaray and Agpangi.

jalmz
04-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Since1980,

Im using Smartbro for 10 months, walang problema.. =)

since1980
04-03-2008, 09:06 AM
could be the location but my GFs home is located just 800 meters from the smart Bro transmitter.

anyway, here's a review from a Smart Bro user, for reference:

by neko-chan

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Connection is:: 79 Kbps about 0.08 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)
Download Speed is:: 10 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net (Server 1)
Test Time:: 2006/05/10 - 3:16am
Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 102.4 sec
Tested from a 579 kB file and took 60.093 seconds to complete
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3
Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 28.01 % of your hosts average (211.207)
Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-BJE1C7SMN

http://testmy.net

langhya bagal ng smart Bro-ken ko... kaninang tanghali mga 240kbps (never went beyond at least 300kbps 2 mos ko nang gamit) tapos nung bumuhos yung ulan totally nawala yung connection.. tapos nung mawala na yung ulan bumalik connection ko kaso sobrang bagal as stated above. langya talaga nagdodownload pa naman ako ng Lost season 2...

weakness talaga ng wireless ang weather pati yung line of sight nung antenna sa base station...

ang masaklap sa Smart BROken eh yung lock-in period na 1 year. pag gusto mo terminate yung subscription mo kelangan magbayad ng napakalaking disconnection fee (remaining months) sa smart wifi ito ewan ko lang kung binago na to sa Smart BROken. eh ang problema eh hindi naman nadedeliver yung Quality of Service as advertised... haaay buhay...

viper
04-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Since1980,

Im using Smartbro for 10 months, walang problema.. =)

You mean to say you've been using smartbro here? or in cebu?? I echo the comment of since 1980 and i stand by my stance on globedsl stated in previous blogs.

I suggest you refer to blogs regarding smartbro before diving into it headlong. Here is one such blog: http://www.txtpower.org/forums/topic.php?id=35

viper
04-03-2008, 10:48 AM
For those who are already on smartbro please try this if it will increse your speed somehow..:)

This doesnt mean to say i'm for smartbro,hehe, sorry i still would prefer my globelines broadband. You are welcome to post your comments regarding this post (if nakatulong ba or nakasama..). I saw this post somewhere.

SmartBro Users: Increase your Internet browsing speed (http://migs.wordpress.com/2007/11/25/smartbro-users-increase-your-internet-browsing-speed/)

Here’s some tip on how you can increase your internet browsing speed. unfortunately, its only for SmartBro (Smart Broadband) users.
For Internet Explorer:
Just Go to Tools
-> Internet Options
-> Connections
-> lan settings
-> Use Proxy Server
For Mozilla FireFox:
Just Go to Tools
-> Option
-> Advance
-> Network
-> Settings
-> Use Manual Proxy Configuration
For Address, Try any of the following:
proxy.meridian.ph
proxy.smartwifi.com.ph
proxy.smartbro.net
or
at ang port as usual 8080
NOte: This Proxy is for SmartBro Users Only.
Source: Pinoy Tambay (http://www.pinoystream.net/forum/index.php?topic=65216.0)

jalmz
04-03-2008, 10:56 AM
You mean to say you've been using smartbro here? or in cebu?? I echo the comment of since 1980 and i stand by my stance on globedsl stated in previous blogs.

I suggest you refer to blogs regarding smartbro before diving into it headlong. Here is one such blog: http://www.txtpower.org/forums/topic.php?id=35 (http://www.txtpower.org/forums/topic.php?id=35)

i mean, in Cebu.. =)

jalmz
05-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi Guys,

Im now using Smarbro and Globe internet connection here in naval

http://i26.tinypic.com/9uasqr.jpg

antenna of smarbro

so far we have 25 Smartbro users, they are from Riverside, Calumpang and naval poblacion.

viper
05-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi Guys,

Im now using Smarbro and Globe internet connection here in naval

http://i26.tinypic.com/9uasqr.jpg

antenna of smarbro

so far we have 25 Smartbro users, they are from Riverside, Calumpang and naval poblacion.
And.. what is our assessment so far of your connection jalmz?

jalmz
05-13-2008, 11:03 AM
10 mbps. so far d ako ma disconnect.. =)

spartacus
08-17-2008, 02:07 AM
http://smart.com.ph/smartbro/products/broprepaid.htm

is there anybody in biliran using this smartbro pre-paid inter access?

cud anyone pls provide feedback about its internet service?

i'm planning to subscribe to this mode of internet access for mobility purposes. just wondering if this works out fine anywhere else (as long as there is smart signal) in biliran.

tnx for anyone's feedback and advice.