PDA

View Full Version : Religious Faith and Religious Tradition

Jeff
03-24-2008, 03:23 PM
What will you follow? To embrace solemnly your religious faith according to the bible? or follow what your elders believe in our religious traditions.

echo101
03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Faith according to the bible of course.. there should be no second thoughts about that.. The Word of God is the final authority.. sabi sa Colosas 2:8 "Mag-ingat kayo upang hindi mabihag ninuman sa pamamagitan ng walang kabuluhan at magdarayang aral at hindi nasasalig kay kristo kundi sa SABI-SABI NG MATATANDA at sa mga tuntunin ng sanlibutan." Romans 10:17 "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God".. it did not say "hearing by the word of the elders.." ;)

agta
03-27-2008, 06:25 AM
Faith according to the bible as interpreted by proper authority. This means that the bible alone does not stand by itself. There is a person that carries it who has the authority to interprete it correctly according to Christian traditions.

echo101
03-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Faith according to the bible as interpreted by proper authority. This means that the bible alone does not stand by itself. There is a person that carries it who has the authority to interprete it correctly according to Christian traditions.

Do you believe that the bible is the Word of God? if yes, then are you saying that the word of God can't stand alone? i don't think so... even if walang mkaintindi or walang ni isang tao ang mkainterpret ng word ni God, still His words will stand up high. Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword...." Mapaparam ang sanlibutan pero ang salita nya mananatili parin.. Psalm 132:8 "....for You have magnified your word above all your name."

Jeff
03-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Indeed...If you have faith accompanied with works in accordance to the well of God then yours will be the eternity.

agta
03-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Do you believe that the bible is the Word of God? if yes, then are you saying that the word of God can't stand alone? i don't think so... even if walang mkaintindi or walang ni isang tao ang mkainterpret ng word ni God, still His words will stand up high. Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword...." Mapaparam ang sanlibutan pero ang salita nya mananatili parin.. Psalm 132:8 "....for You have magnified your word above all your name."
Which version of the bible are you referring to as Word of God? You have quoted Hebrew 4:12. Did you not read that it says, "The word of God is alive..." The bible is not alive per se. Or do you think otherwise? You can kick a bible, it would not even complain. The bible is a dead book unless read and given its meaning by one who has the authority to do so.

echo101
03-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Which version of the bible are you referring to as Word of God? You have quoted Hebrew 4:12. Did you not read that it says, "The word of God is alive..." The bible is not alive per se. Or do you think otherwise? You can kick a bible, it would not even complain. The bible is a dead book unless read and given its meaning by one who has the authority to do so.

I really don't think you've understood what i meant here.. I am not talking about the physical materials used for the Words of God to be printed.. Kung titingnan mu tlaga ung bible (the physical composition), eh talgang walang buhay un, kahit na sunugin un eh ndi tlaga aaray un, cguro nman nasa tamang pag-iisip ako pra maisip ko un, kaya prang ang babaw nman ata ng comparison ng liveness ng bible ang binigay mu sa akin..

I am talking about the real words, not the printed words.. not the paper used.. not the version used.. and whatever for that matter.. Even if lahat ng bibles sa boung mundo ay maglaho, kahit na ung original hebrew and greek scriptures of ng both testaments ay mawala.. still his word will reamain standing.. Kung magkagayon man, magmumukha lang walang say-say ung words nya kc ung effects ng words nya ndi natin mararanasan, pero ndi ibig sabihin nun na nabawsan ang mighty powers ng kanyang words. Ndi kawalan sa power ng words nya kung wala man ni isang mkaintindi or mkainterpret ng tama or ni kahit magbasa man lng ng mga ito. Pero malaking kawalan sa tao kung walang word of God na namumuhay sa kanya. That's what i'm trying to say.. Nagets ko ang point mu na kailangan ng tao pra mai-spread ang word ni God, pra maishare sa kanila ang liveness ng kanyang mga salita, and yes sa point na un talagang kailangan ng bible ang tao... un ung essence ng utos ni God na "Go and make disciples"...

echo101
03-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I dont know about other people, but for me, the bible is more than just a book..

agta
03-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I really don't think you've understood what i meant here.. I am not talking about the physical materials used for the Words of God to be printed.. Kung titingnan mu tlaga ung bible (the physical composition), eh talgang walang buhay un, kahit na sunugin un eh ndi tlaga aaray un, cguro nman nasa tamang pag-iisip ako pra maisip ko un, kaya prang ang babaw nman ata ng comparison ng liveness ng bible ang binigay mu sa akin..
I am talking about the real words, not the printed words.. not the paper used.. not the version used.. and whatever for that matter.. Even if lahat ng bibles sa boung mundo ay maglaho, kahit na ung original hebrew and greek scriptures of ng both testaments ay mawala.. still his word will reamain standing.. .
So, you are saying now that you are not talking about the bible; that you are talking about the real words of God, not the printed words. May I ask you then: Where is the Word of God? And who decides that a certain word is Word of God?

agta
03-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I dont know about other people, but for me, the bible is more than just a book..

Which version of the bible are you talking about? Or are all versions of the bible acceptable to you?

Jeff
04-22-2008, 11:20 AM
It is in Revelation 22:18-19:

Please read.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. -- what is this book? It was foretold in the book of revelations the book of life or the so called the BIBLE the words of GOD.

brategamete
02-18-2009, 11:05 PM

Im sori my friend. I strong disagree your statement. I am a staunch defender of the Word of God.

Here:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New International Version)

16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Psalm 119:160 (New International Version)

160 All your words are true;
all your righteous laws are eternal.

Psalm 12:6-7 (New International Version)

6 And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver refined in a furnace of clay,
purified seven times.
7 O LORD, you will keep us safe
and protect us from such people forever.

Matthew 24:35 (New International Version)

35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

2 Timothy 3:15 (New International Version)

15and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:15 (New International Version)

15Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

John 5:39 (New International Version)

39You diligently study[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=jn%205:39;&version=31;#fen-NIV-26239a)] the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me,

Isaiah 28:9-10 (New International Version)

9 "Who is it he is trying to teach?
To whom is he explaining his message?
To children weaned from their milk,
to those just taken from the breast?
10 For it is:
Do and do, do and do,
rule on rule, rule on rule [a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isa%2028:9-10;&version=31;#fen-NIV-18175a)] ;
a little here, a little there."

This means the Bible interprets itself. Here a little, there a little. This is comparing from scriptures to scriptures. What John said, what mark said, what the prophets said...etc

So no need an authority...Because God's Word is always an authority...Since the very beginning.

brategamete
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM

You are right in one sense my friend. In Biblical criticism, you are right.

Hebrews 4:12 (King James Version)

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Here are proofs that the Word of God is alive:

Genesis 1 (New International Version)

Genesis 1

The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was [a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=gen%201;&version=31;#fen-NIV-2a)] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Everytime, the Word of God is spoken something happens. Because God's word is ALIVE and POWERFUL.

[B]John 1:1,14 (New International Version)

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=jn%201:14;&version=31;#fen-NIV-26049a)] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Revelation 19:11-13 (New International Version)

11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

The Word of God is always alive. It will remain forever. It always prevails even if you wont believe.

brategamete
02-18-2009, 11:27 PM
It is in Revelation 22:18-19:

Please read.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. -- what is this book? It was foretold in the book of revelations the book of life or the so called the BIBLE the words of GOD.

Revelation 1:3 (New International Version)

3Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

agta
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
The Word of God is always alive. It will remain forever. It always prevails even if you wont believe.
When by "Word of God" we mean the person, Jesus, then the Word of God is alive. But when by "Word of God" we mean the book called bible, then it is not alive. The book itself has no life. It is dead.

brategamete
02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
When by "Word of God" we mean the person, Jesus, then the Word of God is alive. But when by "Word of God" we mean the book called bible, then it is not alive. The book itself has no life. It is dead.

The Word of God is not just the Person of the Godhead. It is not just His spoken Word. But also His written Word.

The Word of God is alive my dear. The Bible is not man. The Bible is the written Word of God. It is just a thing. In your logic it is dead. But the truth is it is alive. That what it says. Heb 4:12.