PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen the movie "300"?

Jeff
05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Very nice movie, nice thing to know the truth of being brave against all odds.

viper
05-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Nice movie but impossible to emulate in real life..:D

Wowie
05-09-2008, 06:38 PM
300 men againts and empire, a well planned defense but in the end they lost because of a traitor.

Only one soldier had survived because he needs to take with him the entire nations force.

Regan
08-07-2009, 08:54 AM
300 men againts and empire, a well planned defense but in the end they lost because of a traitor.

Only one soldier had survived because he needs to take with him the entire nations force.

Hi Wowie, dont think theres only 1 survivor if you review their conversations someone(i think its the narrator) says there were 20 (more or less) wounded soldiers were directed to go home mainly because they are wounded and inability to fight.

Wowie
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Nevertheless, after a couple of days, it was known that the Greek Armada lost the battle, so Xerxes was not in danger of losing his logistic lines. He could wait and slowly win the attrition war OR look for a pass (according to Hans Delbruck, there were at least 5 to 6 mountain passes which could lead a strike force) and sorround the allies. Eventually, the Persians found a way. The vast majority of the Greeks fled, but the Spartans decided to stay and not lose face in the Alliance. They chose to die and keep Spartan reputation as warriors. Whether Leonidas truly was near of killing Xerxes or the Spartans were killed by a massive volley of arrows will never be known.

What we know is that shortly afterwards, the Athenian archon Themistocles was able to set up a trap for the Persian navy in the pass of Salamis, where it was completely destroyed by the Athenian Navy. The King, afraid he would die in a strange land, fled with much of his army, but left 30-50 thousand men to keep the campaign. These men were defeated by an allied army led by the Spartans in Platea (which you see at the end of the movie).

Europa
08-11-2009, 08:43 AM
masyadong madugo,,I could bearly look at it in my screen, i havent finish the whole movie, i got dizzy when I saw stubbing here and there killing,blood all over and the head flying all over..I vomit sorry.

harry potter
08-12-2009, 07:13 AM
very nice movie, nice thing to know the truth of being brave against all odds.

watched it 100 times..its agreat movie