PDA

View Full Version : Director raffy salazar is not involved in any mining activity in biliran

madlangbayan
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Sulphur mining in Caibiran is really deplorable but I'm afraid the reporter should verify his facts and must make sure that his sources are correct: FOR THE RECORD- RAFFY SALAZAR DID NOT BUY THE MINING RIGHTS AS CLAIMED BY THE REPORTER. Engr. Salazar is Director of the Energy Development Company-Alternative Fuels Corp. (EDC-AFC), a government owned and controlled corporation. DIRECTOR SALAZAR WAS NEVER INVOLVED AND WILL NEVER INVOLVE IN ANY MINING IN THE PROVINCE OF BILIRAN AND FOR THAT MATTER ANY MINING ACTIVITY ELSEWHERE IN THE COUNTRY. WHAT IS TRUE HOWEVER, IS THAT ENGR. SALAZAR IS VIGOROUSLY PURSUING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GEOTHERMAL POTENTIAL OF BILIRAN AND WITH THIS THE POSSIBLE REDUCTION OF THE ELECTRIC POWER RATES BY 1 PESO PER KILOWATT HOUR FOR THE CONSUMERS OF BILIRAN. In addition, Director Salazar's efforts are geared towards the development of alternative renewable energy sources such as geothermal energy, alternative fuel, and protection and preservation of the environment, as part of his responsibilities as director of said corporation. Any attempt to malign or besmirch his name is pure mudslinging, unfair and unjust. At present, Director Salazar is focusing his energies to launch a citizens' organization known as Responsible and Informed Servant-Leaders for an Empowered Biliran or RISE BILIRAN, MABUHAY BILIRAN, which seeks to advance the well-being of the citizenry, act as a true catalyst for change, empower the people and youth, and advocate for good governance and environmental protection and awareness. We hope you were enlightened about this. For the people-RISE BILIRAN! MABUHAY BILIRAN!

spartacus
01-26-2009, 02:23 PM
"WHAT IS TRUE HOWEVER, IS THAT ENGR. SALAZAR IS VIGOROUSLY PURSUING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GEOTHERMAL POTENTIAL OF BILIRAN AND WITH THIS THE POSSIBLE REDUCTION OF THE ELECTRIC POWER RATES BY 1 PESO PER KILOWATT HOUR FOR THE CONSUMERS OF BILIRAN."

kayab! yaga-yaga man nang inyo uy...usa ka piso? working vigorously for 1 peso? diay laparo....:D

insulto kaayo na da! kaugalingong resources nya piso ra POSIBLE i reduce? dili pa gyud sigurado kay posible ra man...nya piso..oh c'mon..SHAME ON THEM!

(sori for being out of composure. i flare-up with the 1 peso vigorous effort. watta move!!!)

jalmz
01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
spartacus,
I fully agree with your opinion...

madlangbayan
01-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Please compute how many kilowatts a consumer consumes in one day. If say you consume 20 kilowatts per day that is a savings of 600 per month. During these times of financial crises every peso counts. Thanks

m1911a2
01-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey madlangbayan! Are you sure of your " 1 peso reduction?" You know what? I was surprised that only " 1 peso " will be reduced. Where did you get your figures? Are you from Biliran madlangbayan? Are you aware how much is the rate per kilowatt-hour in Biliran Island? Do you know how much is the rate per kilowatt-hour in other areas were there is geothermal energy?

I send you, go forth and verify your figures before you make your announcements lest it will become another empty announcements.

madlangbayan
01-31-2009, 10:58 PM
M1911a2. Gentleman sir, yes I am from Biliran. As to your query as to how sure I am about my figures I'm sure in fact that's quite low, actually if the geothermal plant will be operational what will be lessened from the power rates is P1.90 per kilowatt hour which TRANSCO charges BILECO. Thus with a geothermal plant BILECO will now deduct this cost as they will not be using TRANSCO anymore but instead will buy from Biliran Geothermal. This is but one of the advantage. You're right it will not only be just one peso. BILECO right now if I'm not mistaken charges P6.8684 per kilowatt-hour (excluding value-added tax, etc.) which is relatively still expensive compared to other areas in the region where they charge an average of P4.8 to P6.02 per kilowatt-hour. Actually our rates are also affected by the law of supply and demand. which is what we call a low consumption rate, that's why our rates are quite expensive. Anyway sir, for all intents and purposes, having a geothermal plant shall really lessen the power rates in Biliran. You may ask any employee of BILECO and they can probably elucidate further. Thank you.