View Full Version : birth certificate correction

11-23-2011, 03:43 PM
good day! i'm ivy and i was born in biliran. i just like to inquire about the process of correcting typographically wrong birth certificates because my surname in my b-cert. was spelled incorrectly. could i have transactions with your civil registrar's office via mail? it's because i do not have time to travel all the way to biliran to process the papers personally. if it's possible, could i know what documents i need to send and the other requirements? thank you very much. i'm hoping for your immediate reply.

11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Ivymarie,

If I may give you an advice. Please read this primer of the NSO http://www.census.gov.ph/data/civilreg/primerra9048.html#Q2 and contact the civil registrar's office.


11-25-2011, 11:13 AM
thank you very much for your reply but i just like to ask if the transaction should be done personally. should i go to the registrar's office in biliran with the documents or is it ok to send it via mail? thank you again for your reply and i'm hoping to hear from you again soon.