PDA

View Full Version : Connection in www outside Naval

OliverP
03-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Hello members!
Since the terrible Yolanda i cant chat with my girlfriend in Caibiran, you must know, we miss each other very much! She only can use her mobile phone for chat by Yahoo Messenger in the Globe net, but not on her pc. She tried with SmartBro stick, with Tattoo stick, via Smart and Globe, but no connection... Only three times when she used internetcafe in Naval we chated and we could see each other since Yolanda...
Please, who can say me, when the connection will be back? Is it scheduled in next time for the remaining BiliranIsland?
Thank you for your time!
Yours sincerely
OliverP

jalmz
04-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi Oliver,

Welcome to Biliran Island Forum, There is no 3G connection of Globe and Smart in Caibiran town. E or Edge Globe connection is available in Caibiran. It provides average data speeds between 75-135 Kbps.

3G Connection in Biliran Island

1. Naval (Smart and Globe)
2. Culaba (Globe)

The Globe landline internet connection in Naval is now stable after Super Typhoon Yolanda.

OliverP
04-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Hi Jalmz,
thank you for answer, so we need to wait much more time longer...
And salamat too for the welcome to Biliran Island Forum :shakehands:. I like your site, bcz i get current informations about the Biliran Island i love so much since one year i visited first time!

jalmz
04-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Thank you Oliver. :)

OliverP
05-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Hello all!
Because my gf has still not fast connection in Caibiran she asked me, if she should buy a "packet wifi" so she can get a faster connection. She only named it "packet wifi" and it would work via satellite, like satellite TV. The packet would be cost nearly 10.000piso... The house she lives has a satellite dish.
Please, can me say anybody, he knows that? How it works and should we invest for chat?
Thank you for answer!
Nice greets from Germany!
OliverP

CORRECTING: The right name is "Pocket wifi" and it is a wirelesslan router. I cant believe he works faster than tattoo stick, bcz the provider is also Globe Net.
So the satellite is not essential...lol
But my question is the same: Can she get a faster connection with pocket wifi? Included the packet a new Sim-Card?
She will buy it in Naval. I know, there is good connection there, but in Caibiran?
Thank You!
OliverP

jalmz
05-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Hi Oliver, the cost of the cheapest pocket wifi is 1,900 pesos with sim included. Depending on the kind of pocket wifi. LTE compatible pocket wifi costed more or less 4,500.

The speed of the Internet of the pocket wifi will depend on the location site.

In Caibiran, there's no 3G connection and Edge is to slow.

You can only experience high speed internet connection (3G Globe) in Culaba and Naval.

OliverP
05-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Thank you for fast answer, jalmz. I hope they will get better connection soon! Its so hard waiting for so long time...

jalmz
05-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Your welcome sir

jalmz
06-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Finally, Globe has 3G Signal in Almeria and Kawayan.

jalmz
08-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Update:
Smart 4G LTE now available in Biliran (http://biliranisland.com/blogs/?p=6054)
http://biliranisland.com/blogs/?p=6054