PDA

View Full Version : Anti Virus Programs

jalmz
09-19-2007, 01:21 PM
which anti virus program you would recommend and why?:D

Jeff
09-19-2007, 02:19 PM

It's proven in my company, McAffe is the best, why? most of the time McAffe notify us which kind of new virus would rather attack our computers and server, and they immediately recommend what antidote is the best to use.

Wowie
09-23-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm using Kaspersky for the workstations here.

And NOD32 for the server...

The advantage of NOD32 over Kaspersky is that its a ligthweight antivirus program.
But Kaspersky cleans virus faster than NOD32.

For a detailed comparison of the leading antivirus program, refer to this site:

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html

4everblue
05-06-2008, 01:02 PM
We're also using NOD32 here for the server ...its better compare to avira...so far!it could easily dtect the Neuher_PE/ntldr.com virus which is the latest virus we've encounter here...but interested ako dun sa Mcaffe na sabi ni jing..thnx for d info saldivar.

viper
05-06-2008, 02:52 PM
It's proven in my company, McAffe is the best, why? most of the time McAffe notify us which kind of new virus would rather attack our computers and server, and they immediately recommend what antidote is the best to use.

I agree with Jeff, Mcafee is the best! Fast, unintrusive, but a very vigilant antivirus.

A_Simple_Man
05-10-2008, 04:08 PM
I use the FREE version of AVG and it is very effective. What are the costs for the other software?

viper
05-11-2008, 11:24 AM
I use the FREE version of AVG and it is very effective. What are the costs for the other software?

None, if you know where to find it..:D:D:D

rgjam
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM
1) If you are a tech guy, go for NOD32. Pros: It's light, having the most excellent detection capability and the least (near to zero) false positives. Cons: Not so attractive GUI, smaller footprint.

2) Kaspersky is as good as NOD32. Pros: It has very very good detection capability, robust, and less false positives. Cons: None

3) Norton Antivirus is next. Pros: Very good detection capability. Cons: Higher false positives, heavy on PC memory.

4) McAffe Antivirus. Pros: Very good detection capability. Cons: Eats up your resources.

5) Avira. Pros: Trojan Champion. Detects well, sometimes better than Norton. Free for a year's use. Cons: Weak self-protection and therefore can be manipulated and destroyed by a virus. High false positives which sometimes can be destructive to your PC.

6) AVG. Simply false promises. Your PC declared clean by AVG, scan it with NOD32 or Kaspersky and you'll see that it's not clean as it appears. Pros: FREE Cons: Like avira, it's attitude towards intruders can be destructive to your PC at times.

7) Bitdefender. Always ranks high in reviews but not mine.