PDA

View Full Version : Basura!

simba
10-06-2007, 12:27 AM
yes! everyday may garbage collection nga... pero! asa man na e-dump? Ngano nga wala man ang local government project sa waste segregation ug recycling? dili magdugay may smokey mountain na ta sa naval. dapat, samtang sayo pa ug dili pa grabe ang problema, molihok na ang atong mga elected officials mahitungod ani nga issue..dili kay politica la sige ang topic...

jujebage
10-06-2007, 05:02 AM
you mean kung asa nato sila iuban ug labog.
di ba ang munisipyo usa ka basurahan ug ang kapitolyo usa usab ka basurahan sama sa senado usa ka dAkong basurahan sa pinakamahal ng BASURA

agta
10-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Ha ha ha! Grabe....

simba
10-10-2007, 01:50 PM
NOPE.... Not this time.....I'm not referring to our conventional and galant politicians.... What I mean is literally BASURA=GARBAGE=WASTE PRODUCTS of everyday life in NAVAL and BILIRAN in general.....

YES...what I mean is the local and provincial government should take measures and implement procedures and programs regarding PROPER WASTE AND GARBAGE DISPOSAL... Not just everyday garbage collection and dumping in choosen dumpsites.. BUT...... WASTE SEGREGATION.... NABUBULOK (ORGANIC).... HINDI NABUBULOK (TOXIC)... MAPAPAKINABANGAN PA (RECYCLABLES)....

Some subdivisions and localities here in Metro Manila (I would reiterate...SOME) are already in full blast with regards to these projects... in fact, these communities are generating funds and income from garbage itself.. that it gives them enough money to provide for the salary, electricity, maintainace...for the projects of the community....Then why cant the GOOD PEOPLE of BILIRAN DO THE SAME????...

I am hoping that the elcted official of our beloved province would see and realize the exigency of this issue...AFTERALL... BILIRAN is a SMALL ISLAND PARADISE.... which could be fated to vacuity... from such an extensive progeny...

Jeff
10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Proper segregation of garbage is just like a band aid solution as for the time being that land fill is still inprogress however as long as the population will grow and the space become smaller definitely Biliran will end up like smokey mountain in Manila. There is no other alternative but land filling otherwise our National Government will think better ways like having a municipal inceneration plant like in Japan, Germany, Singapore and other part of Europe and Asia. Our Government give more emphasis about air pollution, but they overlook on the ongoing smoke belching, kaingin, smoking, industrial air pollutants etc..etc.. The only solution if we really want to eliminate having huge stock pile of garbage and wasting our land accomodating to land fills, the best is to have waste inceneration plant, this is also the best alternative converting waste into ENERGY.:)

bluedaffodils
10-11-2007, 04:06 AM
Proper segregation of garbage is just like a band aid solution as for the time being that land fill is still inprogress however as long as the population will grow and the space become smaller definitely Biliran will end up like smokey mountain in Manila. There is no other alternative but land filling otherwise our National Government will think better ways like having a municipal inceneration plant like in Japan, Germany, Singapore and other part of Europe and Asia. Our Government give more emphasis about air pollution, but they overlook on the ongoing smoke belching, kaingin, smoking, industrial air pollutants etc..etc.. The only solution if we really want to eliminate having huge stock pile of garbage and wasting our land accomodating to land fills, the best is to have waste inceneration plant, this is also the best alternative converting waste into ENERGY.:)

Good idea jeff, the only problem is how to raise a fund for that plant :) Wish we could convince the goverment to prioritize such project but i guess it will be hard for them because "some of them" are used of having "heavy pockets".

Simba: That's true, i grew up in naval biliran and i already abled to tour around the island itself many times. I saw a hill of garbage dumped near the seashore in the other side of the island. I don't know if the officials of that town know the drastic effects of those trash to the marine life or maybe they are just IGNORING it. I saw it couple of times before and i was so sad about it.

Jeff
10-11-2007, 07:56 AM
News of The Manila Standard Today yesterday edition.

Several dump trucks and residents barricaded the Montalban landfill after Rizal Gov. Casimiro Ynares III ordered it closed amid fears of a looming garbage crisis in Metro Manila.

In a telephone interview with special projects officer, engineer Jun Santos, he told Standard Today that the landfill was shut down based on a provincial council resolution 07-123 which mandated that the 14-hectare landfill would be inoperative for 15 days from Sept. 25 based on the findings of its operator, International SWIMS (Solid Waste Integrated Management Systems), that the dump was already filled up.

“The contractor came up with such recommendation that the landfill has reached its full capacity without even consulting the local government and the DENR [Department of Environment and Natural Resources],” Santos said.

He noted that Environment executive director Zoilo Andin Jr. has inspected the existing dump and certified that it could still take in solid waste up to 2010.

Santos said a nearby 19-hectare landfill was being eyed but the town had yet to issue a permit to operate.

Rodriguez Mayor Pedro Cuerpo said his local government had jurisdiction over the facility.

“The opening and closure of a sanitary landfill is subject to the approval of the municipality where it is situated.”

Angered by the closure order and opening of another landfill, Cuerpo, an engineer, said that he would sue those who would use the 19-hectare landfill which has no environmental clearance certificate.

“This is inconsistent with the police powers of the LGU. A landfill operating without the ECC and the required permits could also be classified as a public nuisance and could be abated by the LGU.”

Allaying the fears fueled by Makati City Mayor Jejomar Binay of a garbage crisis, Metro Manila Development Authority general manager Robert Nacianceno said there were other sites available.

“We don’t expect any problem. This is not the first time that there was a closure,” he told Standard Today, noting that the situation was under control.

“We have to coordinate with Quezon City’s Payatas, Malabon and Navotas dump managers.”

Dr. Liwanag Godinez of the agency’s Health Operations Center stressed that mayors were the ones tasked to enforce the solid waste management and disposal policy adopted by the MMDA.

Binay blamed Chairman Bayani Fernando for giving priority to demolishing slum communities and infrastructure projects instead of attending to the trash of the 17 component localities. With Rio N. Araja

remarks:

The National Government must act now of allowing our country to have waste inceneration plant. Or our country may end up covered with land fill of Garbage yucks........:mad:

simba
10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
good day to all..

Incenarator is not a good idea..It creates harmful and toxic fumes to the invironment both air and land....The whole world is TRYING to reverse and eliminate the greenhouse effect of these pollutants... and we're going to use incenarators???

why dont we just START SMALL...but a VERY BIG EFFORT.. IN OUR PART.. That is... START WASTE SEGREGATION AT HOME....IF we REDUCE our waste.. that is really waste.. the one which could not be used and recycled... then we reduce our dumping and toxic release to the invironment...I know it is realy hard at the start...

IN our community here.... all garbage from the home are segregated...
CONTAINER 1. RECYCLABLE... ALL PAPER PRODUCTS
ALL PLASTIC BOTTLES, CONTAINERS
ALL GLASS CONTAINERS
CANS
TETRAPACKS

CONTAINER 2. NON-RECYCLABLE...ALL USED TISSUE,PLASTIC WRAPPERS,DIAPERS,
, CANDY WRAPPERS,RUBBER PRODUCTS...ETC..MGA HINDI NA MAGAGAMIT ULIT

CONTAINER 3. KITCHEN WASTE... ALL FRUIT VEGETABLE PEELINGS, TIRANG PAGKAIN..BUTO NG ISDA,BABOY,BAKA, MGA PINAGLINISAN NG ISDA... ALL BIODEGRADABLE

CONTAINER 4. DAHON AT DAMO... INCLUDES DROPPINGS FROM ANIMALS.

iF WE COULD JUST START FROM OUR OWN HOMES...then our neighborhood.. then the whole community...then our neighbooring towns... and the whole island... then we can make this a very BIG ACHIEVEMENT...

simba
10-11-2007, 06:26 PM
that is a fact... I grew up in Naval...But would just go home once a year for christmas vacations.. I that there is a also a dumping ground somewhere in the area going to locsoon or within the vicinity...Correct me if for the location...Its a little smokey mountain already...our local citizens would just throw their BASURA in the streets,,,may tagawalis naman si MAYOR e... I have'nt seen that dump in the seashore... maybe on my next vacation.. i would tour the island... not for scenic beauties.. but for basura

Jeff
10-12-2007, 08:58 AM
good day to all..

Incenarator is not a good idea..It creates harmful and toxic fumes to the invironment both air and land....The whole world is TRYING to reverse and eliminate the greenhouse effect of these pollutants... and we're going to use incenarators???

why dont we just START SMALL...but a VERY BIG EFFORT.. IN OUR PART.. That is... START WASTE SEGREGATION AT HOME....IF we REDUCE our waste.. that is really waste.. the one which could not be used and recycled... then we reduce our dumping and toxic release to the invironment...I know it is realy hard at the start...

IN our community here.... all garbage from the home are segregated...
CONTAINER 1. RECYCLABLE... ALL PAPER PRODUCTS
ALL PLASTIC BOTTLES, CONTAINERS
ALL GLASS CONTAINERS
CANS
TETRAPACKS

CONTAINER 2. NON-RECYCLABLE...ALL USED TISSUE,PLASTIC WRAPPERS,DIAPERS,
, CANDY WRAPPERS,RUBBER PRODUCTS...ETC..MGA HINDI NA MAGAGAMIT ULIT

CONTAINER 3. KITCHEN WASTE... ALL FRUIT VEGETABLE PEELINGS, TIRANG PAGKAIN..BUTO NG ISDA,BABOY,BAKA, MGA PINAGLINISAN NG ISDA... ALL BIODEGRADABLE

CONTAINER 4. DAHON AT DAMO... INCLUDES DROPPINGS FROM ANIMALS.

iF WE COULD JUST START FROM OUR OWN HOMES...then our neighborhood.. then the whole community...then our neighbooring towns... and the whole island... then we can make this a very BIG ACHIEVEMENT...

The acid rain comes not from the inceneration plant as per study and infact this is my thesis when I took up my PME. The cause effect is all of those plants which dont have air pollution device (old and delapidated plants). Inceneration plants are designed to comply the most stringent clean air act standard which the German Standard. No matter how you recycle these garbage that you mentioned you still need place for you to dump, or you need another alternative to eliminate those and convert to something productive.:)

Jeff
10-12-2007, 09:04 AM
that is a fact... I grew up in Naval...But would just go home once a year for christmas vacations.. I that there is a also a dumping ground somewhere in the area going to locsoon or within the vicinity...Correct me if for the location...Its a little smokey mountain already...our local citizens would just throw their BASURA in the streets,,,may tagawalis naman si MAYOR e... I have'nt seen that dump in the seashore... maybe on my next vacation.. i would tour the island... not for scenic beauties.. but for basura.

In manila the segregation of garbage is already implemented specially in makati and pasig but still these cities keep dumping at dump sites. So as I said before band aid solution and the bottom line land filling is not the solution, there should be better ways to eliminate generating waste land and that is waste inceneration plant may kuryente kapa;)