PDA

View Full Version : smart-bro / weroam in naval? wireless?

philem
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
hi. i am in need of an internet connection without a landline! i live about 10mins out of naval and the landline ends at caricari. i have my cellphone hooked up to GPRS through smart but not only is it soooooooo slow but i cant access so many sites! do i need to reconfigure anything to speed it up?
ive been told the tower here doesnt have the hardware to support smartbro. i think thats what i need. i have made enquiries about smart bro but apparently they need 50 subscribers before they will configure the hardware here in naval.

are there any other options here?
ive been told weroam through globe works here,,,,

any comments greatly appreciated! i would love to be back on line from home!
salamat!

jalmz
11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi Philem,

other options?

theres no other options.. just wait for the Smart bro..

Smart bro is fast, reliable than Globelines..

Wowie
11-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Smart Bro is not yet available in our province.
But of course we can make it happen if there are enough request.
These are the ways to reach them:

Email: [email protected]

Cellnum: *1888 (toll-free for Smart phones)

Landline: 672-7277

jalmz
11-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Philem,

try to call Smart because I heard that Smart Bro is now available in Naval.

jcanete_eol
01-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Philem,

try to call Smart because I heard that Smart Bro is now available in Naval.
hi, there Biliranons..this is jason--agent of smart we are looking for subcribers of SMART BRO in Biliran islands particularly in Biliran,Biliran and nearby towns .. if you guys will be interested feel free to email or contact me.. 09174636364 (i've lost my smart cellphone) [email protected], [email protected] We are looking for the first 30 subscribers for us to have connections immediately of smart bro in Biliran..

since1980
01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
naa na jud smart BRO diri, nag operate na?

jalmz
01-10-2008, 03:10 PM
im a globe subscriber in Biliran. im planning to transfer my connection to smart it is because they have a great and reliable service..

for those who are globe broadband users. I recommend Smart Bro.

papa
03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
hi, there Biliranons..this is jason--agent of smart we are looking for subcribers of SMART BRO in Biliran islands particularly in Biliran,Biliran and nearby towns .. if you guys will be interested feel free to email or contact me.. 09174636364 (i've lost my smart cellphone) [email protected], [email protected] We are looking for the first 30 subscribers for us to have connections immediately of smart bro in Biliran..
Hi Jason, if Smart would just install the hardware on the towers even with no subscribers, the subscribers would come in time. my gf is from biliran and I was thinking about the feasability of opening a cafe there (yea I know, not very feasible, considering the economy in Biliran at the present time). I just returned last January this year 2008 from biliran and saw quite a few foreigners there considering its such an out of the way province for tourists. It would be smart of Smart to just put up the hardware on the towers to make it available to future subscribers, just to have it in place before the competition moves in. My gf asked me why is there more foreigner here? Now if somebody want access the internet outside Naval, for example in Caibiran or culabo, they need pay driver 200p or wake up 3am to catch a bus to naval to talk to their bf or gf in internet, like my girl did. Just put up the hardware on the towers there and you will have many more subscribers outside Naval di ba ?:wink::wink::wink:

cuizon_wynn
03-02-2008, 06:25 PM
give me information about smart bro,,

ty

cuizon_wynn
03-02-2008, 06:42 PM
thanks sa information

philem
03-03-2008, 07:18 AM
when im in catmon theres no landline so i use globe thru my cell phone to connect.
its easy. you just need a gprs connection thru globe. im sure ive posted the directions here somewhere!
you will need a cable (eg DKU-2, for nokia (available in cebu or tacloban at around 300-600p))... if your com & cell both have blue tooth im sure you could do it without the cable.
(just from memory you txt: set gprs (then model #) then send to 211... eg: set gprs n3220 (then send to 211).
it will cost you 20p evey 30mins, thats all! but it is a little slower than ADSL broadband.

DONT BE CONNED INTO BUYING A NEW CELL PHONE THAT OFFERS A FREE INTERNET CONNECTION!!! someone (i cant say who as theyre a big family in naval), are selling $4k motorollas with the cable and a copied (burnt) installation CD for 16,000p - thats way over 10k more than it shouuld be.
this is a free service through globe and the only set up fees are for your phone and cable the software can be downloaded for free off the internet...

and for you other fellow foreigners who want to keep in touch try globes international roaming. my wife txts me while im in australia for only 1p! just turn your globe phone on to intl roaming (groam) a day or so prior to leaving. then she will be able to txt you for 1p only. dont answer the phone if anyone calls and dont make txts on it!!! use your regularphone for that as it will chew up your load..... any questions just ask me... ill help where i can! cheers!

philem
03-03-2008, 12:58 PM
sorry that was through smart not globe for the cell phone modem set up for your computer!!!!!!

cuizon_wynn
03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
hello gud eve,,, can i ask something,, i already had my GPRS connection in my phone N7200.
I will just ask on how can i connect my fone to my laptop for i can connect with internet connection for now while waiting SMART BRO WIRELESS
HOPING for your early reponse
take care and GOD BLESS WITH YOUR FAMILY