Notices

Thread: Catholic Priest Atrocities

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    hi Europa....i agree with you wholeheartedly!
    "que sera, sera... what will be, will be"

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Europa View Post
    yap, human being.. We are all a Sinners, thats why i decided myself not to go for a confession to a sinner.likewise I can talk to the LORD by myself, with all my heart or kinasingkasing, without asking favor to a human being like me to ask forgiveness in my behalf. I dont need to read a prayer book to pray, i dont need to memorize what was written in the books to say something to the LORD, i want to say something that come from my heart... my own way of talking to the holy Almighty..
    Yup, why need to confess our sins to the priest? Talk to GOD he is alive and that what was being instructed in the bible. Priest? dami ko ng kakilala kalaro ko pa sa bowling pari nakipag harutan sa mga chicks na kasama namin sa laro. Ok lang mag laro sila ang di ok yung harap harapan makipag tsansingan habang umiinon ng beers wow. Admitted no one is exception lahat nagkakasala but for the case ng gang rape mga pari pa ang gumawa sa isang pinay sa LA ni wala man lang isa sa kanila ang nag awat o sumaklolo ano tawag dun, kahayupan sa laman di ba. Na anakan pa...Priest went to school to study theology for more than a decade, learning all kinds of sins, all evils man can do, they knew the scripture more than we know. They are our Shepherds supposedly, fishers among men kaso iba na ngayon ang nangyayari. Malakas ba talaga si satanas sa ating mundo?

3. Default Catholic Priest Atrocities 
    I know with Protestant churches, theres usually an altar call or a one-on-one prayer where the person confesses that they are a sinner, asks Jesus to be the Lord of their life, repents for their sins and asks for salvation. How is salvation rendered in the Catholic church?

4. Default  
    I've been out from the lime light coz i was in Russia for 5 months for a special project, I attended mass there an Orthodox church almost same with the catholics, what amused me there is that russians are very religious people, it's like when you go to baclaran churn where in it's always full of people.

5. Default  
    Not to take away from the magnitude of the sin here, it's truly horrible what happened to this woman. Abuse isn't a Catholic problem only though, it actually happens more often with protestant ministers (who aren't celibate) than it does with Catholic priests. As far as your comments on celibacy, the stats simply don't show that celibacy causes abuse. The vast majority of Catholic priests are good men. Also please note there's been a lot of positive changes in the American Church since many of the abuse cases happened.

http://www.catholicleague.org/resear...al_context.htm

Vatican Sets Record Straight on Sexual Abuse
    http://www.ncregister.com/daily/vati..._sexual_abuse/

Comments on the media's coverage of Catholicism: http://www.archny.org/news-events/co...ex.cfm?i=14042

For Filipino Catholics who want to discuss the faith, I recommend joining the Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/KatolikongPinoy

6. Default  
    I WAS A FANATIC BEFORE BUT IT WAS CHANGE WHEN I SAW ONE PRIEST IN THAT CATHOLIC CHURCH WHERE I USED TO ATTEND MASS, HUGGING AND KISSING WITH A LADY LIKE A LOVER IN A HOTEL LOBBY. I WAS SHOCK AND WANT TO BE SURE.
    If you witness things like this, you should report it to the Bishop. If the Bishop doesn't do anything and the situation doesn't change, report it higher up, someone will listen.

7. Default  
    I WAS A FANATIC BEFORE BUT IT WAS CHANGE WHEN I SAW ONE PRIEST IN THAT CATHOLIC CHURCH WHERE I USED TO ATTEND MASS, HUGGING AND KISSING WITH A LADY LIKE A LOVER IN A HOTEL LOBBY. I WAS SHOCK AND WANT TO BE SURE.
    If you witness things like this, you should report it to the Bishop. If the Bishop doesn't do anything and the situation doesn't change, report it higher up, someone will listen.

Thread Information