Notices

Thread: Is it true??

1. Default Is it true?? 
    VERY INTERESTING :
    1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq
    2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
    3. Noah built the ark in Iraq
    4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq
    5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq !
    6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq !
    7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq
    8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq
    9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel
    10. Amos cried out in Iraq !
    11. Babylon , which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem
    12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq !
    13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!)
    14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq
    15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq
    16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq ..
    17. The wise men were from Iraq ...
    18. Peter preached in Iraq .
    19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon , which was a city in Iraq !
    And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.

But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq !

However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.

The names used in the Bible are Babylon , Land of Shinar , and Mesopotamia ... The word Mesopotamia
    means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates Rivers ..

The name Iraq , means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel , has more history and prophecy associated
    with it than Iraq

And also, This is something to think about: Since America is typically represented by an eagle.

Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran ( 9:11 ) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of
    Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
    And there was peace.

2. Default  
    Those are really interesting!

3. Default An excellent post Hamadash 
    I have a wonderful "Atlas of the Bible" which make your points vividly.

This is my second copy as I foolishly lent my first to an eminent father in the church some four and a half years ago and after it's non-return I desperately needed to replace it.

While I despair of the Filipino attitude which does not equate borrowing with returning, you all miss out because I have a truly major classical library. I would be happy to lend out some of the books if I could be sure that they were kept in pristine condirion and of course returned. On both counts I have severe problems as so few people know how to even turn pages correctly.

Books are so important as instruments of learning - they must be cared for and handed down to new generations.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being insulting - I'm just being truthful.

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gregory View Post
    I have a wonderful "Atlas of the Bible" which make your points vividly.

This is my second copy as I foolishly lent my first to an eminent father in the church some four and a half years ago and after it's non-return I desperately needed to replace it.

While I despair of the Filipino attitude which does not equate borrowing with returning, you all miss out because I have a truly major classical library. I would be happy to lend out some of the books if I could be sure that they were kept in pristine condirion and of course returned. On both counts I have severe problems as so few people know how to even turn pages correctly.

Books are so important as instruments of learning - they must be cared for and handed down to new generations.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being insulting - I'm just being truthful.
    Thanks Bill...

Truth hurts.. Its one of our bad attitude for us Pinoys, we acted like we would like to borrowed something to someone but in our mind its borrowing forever. Why would you just ask for it? Maybe the answer, the owner will not give you the things you want thats why you will just borrow it?.. Please be contented of what you have, I hope we can practise this behaviour. And if you borrow something, returned it!..and you if borrowed something please be careful with that as if its your own thing.... Remember what you sow is what you reap...

5. Default Good comments, which I love......... 
    .......to read. Sometimes I think that the forums here deal with airey-fairey stuff instead of the real low-level issues which must be addressed. A story about 'how I stopped my younger sister from stealing' would have humungous value and meaning. If we can't address these basic issues then there will be no new generation of Filipinos who can produce 'heroes' and fight corruption.

Just a very little and simple example - my daughter aged 16 and brought up with Filipina values - I said to her on Friday "Would you like to go to the concert tomorrow night?" I paid for her and her boyfriend - not much admittedly but my English culture expects today that she says "Thanks Daddy, we had a great time" but what do I get? "Here's your change". I buy great literature for her but does she ever come and say "I've just finished 'Little Women' and really enjoyed it". No way - everything is just one way. I give or provide and no feedback. This is not the way of any other culture. Basic values as understood elsewhere seem to be lacking so badly here.

I do remember working in Manila and talking to a customer on the phone. When I'd finished, my workmate said "You are over-polite" because I used 'please' and 'thankyou'. I then understood that the Filipino languages either don't use these words or take them for granted. BUT if you want to talk in English or Americano then you cannot translate directly, you must use the language as understood. If someone comes up to me and says "Give me a cigarette" that is really ignorant and rude but all he is doing is thinking in Cebuano and translating literally. This is VERY important to understand.

Enough for today - Merry Xmas everyone!

6. Default  
    St. Ambrose allegedly said, "If you are in Rome, live in the Roman way; if you are elsewhere, live as they do there."

Thread Information