Notices

Thread: Dealing with job interview, how?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Dealing with job interview, how? 
    Dealing with an interview can be extremely stressful at times. Stress-based questions are common in interviews in all industries. However, expert's say, panic is not an answer to the situation. The main criteria of an interview are to judge how a candidate deals with a particular situation.

The interviewee must show calmness and calculated ability to handle potentially stressful situations. Just focus and be calm, look at his/her eyes, never answer or reply in long sentences, short and direct to the point is the best thing you need to say.

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Dealing with an interview can be extremely stressful at times. Stress-based questions are common in interviews in all industries. However, expert's say, panic is not an answer to the situation. The main criteria of an interview are to judge how a candidate deals with a particular situation.

The interviewee must show calmness and calculated ability to handle potentially stressful situations. Just focus and be calm, look at his/her eyes, never answer or reply in long sentences, short and direct to the point is the best thing you need to say.
    hmmm the interviewee must stay clam and poise and ask the interviewer how much is the offer?? and when he will offer you much lower than you expected slap him and tell him go to hell... and walk out... he he he he

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by beyond View Post
    hmmm the interviewee must stay clam and poise and ask the interviewer how much is the offer?? and when he will offer you much lower than you expected slap him and tell him go to hell... and walk out... he he he he
    hahaha maga naman ang mukha nya... hwag mong gawing yan ha

4. Default Just a couple of points 
    The interviewer is only human and if they are not experts at interviewing, they can easily fall in love with themselves. This happens to most of us when we are talking, so seize every opportunity to ask sensible questions so that you get them talking. Typically they will then find themselves trying to 'sell' the job and their company to you - you're halfway there!

A good interviewer will be very interested in your potential reliability and the location in which you live will be a very important factor. If you have a long or difficult journey to get to and from work, then prepare carefully your responses to the questions that you may be asked on this subject. If you indicate that travelling may be difficult for you then you will be regarded as too troublesome to be offered a job.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gregory View Post
    The interviewer is only human and if they are not experts at interviewing, they can easily fall in love with themselves. This happens to most of us when we are talking, so seize every opportunity to ask sensible questions so that you get them talking. Typically they will then find themselves trying to 'sell' the job and their company to you - you're halfway there!

A good interviewer will be very interested in your potential reliability and the location in which you live will be a very important factor. If you have a long or difficult journey to get to and from work, then prepare carefully your responses to the questions that you may be asked on this subject. If you indicate that travelling may be difficult for you then you will be regarded as too troublesome to be offered a job.
    Yes, many years back when I applied job in San miguel corporation, same thing. The interviewer asked me about the distance from my home to the office. Be very careful in giving response to the question.

6. Default Glad you've had that experience, Jeff 
    When I was about 25, I was working for a large software organisation in Johannesburg, South Africa. We were expanding and I found myself doing a lot of interviewing. After a while I realised that I didn't know much about what I was doing, so I went to see my boss who had been in that position for only a short while so he didn't know me well. Nevertheless I plucked up courage and told him that I was pretty sure that I wasn't doing a good job and could he give me some pointers to help. He looked at me thoughtfully and asked me to come and see him the following day.

The following day, he had a couple of pages of notes which he had obviously worked on at home. These included the location aspect.

The unexpected outcome though was that he became a big supporter of me. He wanted people who had the courage to admit they needed help and were prepared to ask for it. Those people he knew he could trust.

There's a big lesson there.

7. Default  
    Mostly foreign companies specially which are managed by americans. Foreign boss likes those employees who are open to their problems, areas of improvements, or establishing KRA so and so and I experienced that when I worked in Sime Darby. But unlike with Filipino boss, it's little bit different, I have experienced before to a filipino boss one of my collegues wanted to know his JD but it turned to be negative expression.

8. Default I suspect you are right, Jeff, and......... 
    ..............I posted something very similar a while back. I was very lucky in my early working years to have a succession of good managers who wanted me to succeed and helped me do so. They did not feel threatened by growing the people under them and, if they thought about their own positions at all it was probably along the lines of "if we do good things then the company will grow and there will be bigger and better jobs for all of us".

I did find though in my last few years in Australia that many companies had reached a level where there was too much 'dead wood' in the management level (ie too many redundant managers) and no-one made decisions anymore - very frustrating to deal with.

The Philippines presents a very difficult problem. As potentially an emerging nation, so much could be done and very quickly. With good management, expansion would not be difficult, but despite the fact that National Book Store sells loads of books on management and self-improvement there is no evidence that these are read and used. The self protection and avoidence of constructive ideas (taken as criticism) of too many managers stops us growing a new wave of younger management with a 'can do' attitude. I know that the Government, corruption and beaurocracy are impediments but they are just impediments, not excuses for not progressing. Sadly I know many good people who just turn up for work, do their proscribed functions and then go home. Given encouragement, more responsibility and management backing even when they make mistakes, they could do so much more and enjoy their work. It shouldn't be difficult to achieve this - but it is!

This 'education' of the workforce would also have side benefits of kicking the Government and Beaurocracy right up the............. and Corruption can't compete easily with good management knowing what they want to achieve, its oxygen is sucked away and it can't breathe easily.

9. Default  
    Constructive criticism is widely accepted in Europe, America or even in our neighboring asia. But in our country, criticism still a taboo or few employees can accept and comprehend even a simple constructive criticism per se. Why? In my analysis, this is about pride, this is about "ayaw magpasabi or pagsabihan". This is also a kind of resisting for change, that is why it's difficult for our country to improve and prosper.

10. Default  
    ... yes of course they dont want to be comented.. matataas kasi ang mga pride... kumbaga their minds is close and "bawal umiksina trabaho ko at huwag kang makialam" they dont want to recieve unsolicited advice which is for thier own good... and another thing also that filipino boss dont want thier people to grow.. yung tipong di sila malalamangan. if they observed na medyo your doing good ang promising employee thay have to put you on state na medyo pahihirapan ka kasi iniisip nila na baka mapapalitan sila... thats my expreince before when i was working in a private company..

Thread Information