Notices

View Poll Results: Who among the Candidates is your choice for Miss Biliran 2008?

Voters
1044. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Official Poll for Miss Biliran 2008

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Default Miss Biliran 
    Respect natural beauty........not like in America where everything is fake....each one of the contestants is beautiful........not covered in a pile of make-up and fake chests like her.......hehehe

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by nelia View Post
    hello,just wanna ask whats the name of miss culaba?
    Sheila Udtohan
    "the heart has its reasons which reasons cannot understand"....

3. Default  
    Who is the representative of Cabucgayan?

4. Default  
    Miss Cabucgayan is Leah Mae B. Genoguin

for more info please visit this link
    The Forum Task Force | Franciscan Youth Naval

5. Post My ate Paola's comment (Ms. Biliran is my cousin) 
    GBA: HELLO THERE HAVE YOU READ THE PROFILE OF MISS BILIRAN CANDIDATE LATELY? LOOK AT IT AND REALL EMBARRASING AND AS IN "NO BEAUTY AND BRAIN"

My cousin, Paola Monique Tonelete / Ms. Biliran, would like to comment on this.

"For my most unforgettable experience:
    I have tried so hard to forget about this certain happening...but 'duh' it remains to be simply unforgettable. I was thirteen years old. I was young and simply naive. Though some may scrutinize my ignorance to such a joke as "Kiss-pirin" and "Yakap-sul" ; I remain most thankful for my learnings. What learnings?

1. To survive in this world, one must posses a sense of humor.
    2. Though obedience is good, one must use his common sense.
    3. Adults can be crazy at times. (anyone can)
    4. Joking is fun but one should make sure that no one gets hurt. (even emotionally)
    5. Again, joking is fun, until the joke is on you.
    6. Lastly, learn to laugh at your own mistakes. (That's exactly what I'm doing now...)
    Thanks for reading my profile anyway GBA.
    Don't worry, as I grew older, I think I have wisened up a little

"The ignorant always wisen up." -Charles Neal
    Last edited by zakierry; 04-28-2008 at 08:58 AM.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by newmoonmaiden View Post
    You should watch your own grammar before acting the part of a grammar nazi. Lol.
    On beauty queens... who are you to define what a beauty queen should look like? Who are you to define what beauty is anyway? It isn't easy to join a beauty pageant, there's the very real danger of exploitation that many beautiful girls would rather not experience (lalim ba magpaso paso nga nakapanty ra, mas dali itan-aw kesa buhaton noh) and there are too many factors to consider to just blame it on the "beauty" of the candidates. (Are plastic surgeons as accesible in Biliran as they are in Venezuela? Are Biliranon photographers as well trained as FHM photographers? Are Biliranon make up artists as competent as Fanny Serano?)
    Third point, and this not only goes to you, but to everyone reading this thread as well, a few words may tell you how far a person's gotten in terms of educational attainment, but is it their fault that they learned English from anglophiles who so lovingly bastardize it? Education in the Philippines has gone so far below sea level that few people can string intelligent conversation in internet forums these days. It's easy to assume someone's stupid because they can't communicate as effectively as your neighborhood call center agent. But ask them the same questions in the vernacular and they might even tell you the meaning of the universe (dramatics aside).
    Intelligence is not equal to lingual prowess. It's one thing to speak well and another to be able to think. Besides, would you seriously answer an autograph book as if your life depended on it?
    duh!!! it was just an honest opinion... it's a free country, remember! pls read my comment carefully.... "HAVING NO BRAINS" does not mean having no brains at all. just read between the lines. and they (candidates) knew that their answers will be posted so dapat they made sure okay ang sentence construction nila. kahit simple sentence lang at least correct. the simplier, the better.mas madaling intindihin ng mga tao. i mean, common people. you understand what i'm trying to point out?

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebro View Post
    duh!!! it was just an honest opinion... it's a free country, remember! pls read my comment carefully.... "HAVING NO BRAINS" does not mean having no brains at all. just read between the lines. and they (candidates) knew that their answers will be posted so dapat they made sure okay ang sentence construction nila. kahit simple sentence lang at least correct. the simplier, the better.mas madaling intindihin ng mga tao. i mean, common people. you understand what i'm trying to point out?
    On the contrary Mr. Cerebro, I believe I read your comment all too carefully. You say this is a free country, so you should have expected people to respond to comments against their loved ones. I understand perfectly what the general connotation of having 'no brains' means. And you cannot expect everyone to read between the lines, expecting everyone to understand what you mean would be very selfish. What if sentence construction wasn't one of their strengths? This is what I was trying to stress in my last comment, so I can very well accuse you of not reading MY comment carefully. Maybe you should have lectured them on simple sentence construction if you're so adamant about it?

P.S. The simpler the better? I thought we were talking about wrong grammar here? Two different spheres dear. Haha. Btw, you have an interesting nickname (Cerebro), care to share where you got it?

8. Exclamation Intuder Alert! 
    wishful-thinking beneath the roof of wisdom
    Call me an 'intruder' but i would certainly like to comment on the conversation between Mr. Cerebro and Ms. Newmoonmaiden.

But really, all i want to say is, based on your argument (or however you would like to call it)... Ms. Newmoonmaiden here got more brains than you, Mr. Cerebro.

That's my stand for now, unless you (Mr. Cerebro) write something really amazingly genius...for example, accepting your narrow-mindedness on the scope of this competition and ask for a little pardon of some kind. lol... which i think shall not happen since...duh...you're just too unwilling to understand other people's position.

My word of advice for you, Mr. Cerebro, is to join a similar competition but of course make sure that it fits your gender. rofl. experienceshall make you more understanding as a person.Take that from me. Its based on experience you know.(ahahahahahaha)

Last edited by pureblood; 05-01-2008 at 10:37 AM.

9. Wink duh 
    Quote Originally Posted by beauty queen View Post
    just my own opinion....

bakit hindi ata kagandahan yung mga candidates ngayon....?

biliran is known for beautiful women but asan na sila...? naubos naba...?

beautiful girls in biliran are quite busy now a days.. hahahaha

10. Default  
    Hey is anybody out there????
    I love the Philippines......
    Quote Originally Posted by dinodeveloper View Post
    Respect natural beauty........not like in America where everything is fake....each one of the contestants is beautiful........not covered in a pile of make-up and fake chests like her.......hehehe

Thread Information