Notices

Thread: Sex Education?

1. Default Sex Education? 
    Should sex be taught to children in schools? Is "sex education" really necessary? Please explain your answer.

2. Default  
    I truly believe there are more important things "children" should be learning in school... Children do not need to know everything from the time they are born.
    "the heart has its reasons which reasons cannot understand"....

3. Default  
    To children? you mean sa elementary? kung sa elementary, I don't think so.. Pwede cguro sa high school, sa mga youths.. Pero this sex education issue eh very critical na to be taught in schools nowadays. Kc iba na ang isip ng mga youth ngaun, due to diff medias.. npaka-advance na ng isip ng mga kabataan ngaun, curiousity plang, hirap na pigilan.. I think it's ok to teach it to youths on schools but I think na kung sinuman ang mangahas na magturo nito sa school eh dapat panindigan nila ng buong-buo ang responsibility nila as a sex educator.. At sana tamang info ang ibibigay nila sa mga kabataan, because i think, ndi lhat ng info tungkol sa sex education eh pede nating ibigay sa mga youths, they should only know what they ought to know... For example, using a condom, that should not be part of the curriculum for the youths. Eh kung isasama sa teaching ang paggamit ng condom, eh prang sinabi nrin ntin sa mga kabataan na "cge ok lng mag-sex kayo, basta gamit lng kayo ng condom".. sa tingin nyo tama ba yun? I dont't think so.. Kc ang main goal dapat ng sex education for youths is to keep them from doing premarital sex.. Ang topic ng condom kc eh part ng family planning, and family planning should not be part ng sex education curriculum for youths because it is only a topic that should be taught to married couples.. Ang nangyari kc ngaun, ang nagiging goal ng sex education for youth eh how to practice safe sex, eh pra narin natin silang tinutulak sa premarital sex, w/c the bible says is abominable to GOD.. Importante din na samahan ng word of God ang topic ng premarital sex. Kc kung laws lng ng sanlibutan ang gagamitin ntn sa pagtuturo, ndi gnun ka-powerful ang message. Not like pag may ksamang word of God, His laws, His commandments, and what really the bible says about premarital sex (or "fornication" in biblical terms), iba ang impact ng message ng sex education, kc word of God na ung ini-impart ntin sa knila eh. And we know we can't mess around with the word of God, when the bible says in 1 corinthians 6:18 "Flee fornication....." or when He says in His word in 1 corinthians 6:9 (NKJV) "Do you not know that the unrighteous WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD? Do not be deceived. Neither FORNICATORS, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites." Can we mess around with those words?? I bet we can't.. The Lord is True to his words, when He say "will not inherit" He means it.. Kung ganyan ba nman ang approach ntin sa sex education, i tell you, we will make a big difference.. There is a teaching that i once watched in a DVD, its about the Word of GOD on Sex, and its entitled "KEEP YOUR UNDERWEAR ON" by Jentezen Franklin. Its a very powerful tool for any sex educator in teaching sex with the word of GOD. I suggest that educators get this DVD in any possible way they can..

Hope you got my point here, thank you for taking time to read my comment. God Bless!

4. Default  
    kaya nga dapt may sex education , EDUCATION means learn the proper and correct way... so that our youngsters will learn what is the PROPER AND CORRECT time to have sex...para maiwasan ang ang mga teenage pregnancies..which contributes to the minace in society...

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    kaya nga dapt may sex education , EDUCATION means learn the proper and correct way... so that our youngsters will learn what is the PROPER AND CORRECT time to have sex...para maiwasan ang ang mga teenage pregnancies..which contributes to the minace in society...
    Oh, pregnancy "contributes to the menace in society"! Like swine flu? Or maybe not swine flu but only small pox.

Can you please show here how pregnancy contributes to the menace in society?

6. Default  
    i agree with echo's..not all things about sex should be discussed in the subject.. maybe the main objective of that subject is youth AWARENESS, in terms of future risk and consequences..not necessary that u will teach them the " know-how"..and if it will be implemented,it should be in the secondary level( high school) spec..coz we all knw that on that stage of youth development, dha magstart and uyab2..then there are some hs stud mabdos na..aguy, mao pa gani pagka.ada hn menstration, wla na!!!!
    Last edited by 4everblue; 07-08-2009 at 03:24 PM.

7. Smile  
    WHY PREGNANCY A MENACE? Sex education... IF NOT incorporated in our educational system,,if misunderstood and with the wrong information... creates many unwanted and unplanned pregnancies... the result..unloved , unwanted children which adds to the problems of society , since these things ( unwanted, unloved) are feelings felt even if they are still in the womb and creates a psychological imprint on fetus inside...

PREGNANCY ON ITSELF IS NOT THE PROBLEM. it's effect is the problem.. Because most of these kids "esp.teenagers" even adult,, are not yet physically, emotionally, psychologically and financially ready to be young mothers and
    fathers...based on studies, 80% of children born from teenage and irresponsible parents end up either in jail, with psychological or even physical defects....,

SEx EDUCATION, discussed in a responsible and truthful way, without malice, with all the consequences and responsibilities involve in the "act" itself...will open our minds on how to make our society peaceful. BY the word EDUCATION.... it means to teach and discuss .. yes i would agree that these be included even to elementary kids.. and why not? these are times children are in the formative years, more curious and hungry for knowledge.. if thought the wrong way, would only enhance their ignorance...When I SAY teach them.. it means TEACH THEM THAT IT IS MAN'S BASIC INSTINCT.. BUT..WITH IT COMES RESPONSIBILITIES.... BUT IT SHOULD BE DONE WITH THE READINESS OF THE MIND, BODY AND SOUL...at the right age, right time, right moment...and should be socially and morally correct..

NOT TEACHING THEM the knowhow of the "act" itself..
    Last edited by simba; 07-14-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Thread Information