Notices

Thread: Understanding the Grace of God

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Understanding the Grace of God 
    Hello everyone! I am glad to be a part of this furom. Mine is just to share the good things from God our maker and Father. People, we have a gracious God. His grace is greater than any sin we have. We are highly favored, blessed and loved by our heavenly Father. We don't have to worry anymore that God is angry at us because his love covers all our weaknesses. He is an understanding God. He is more than willing to forgive us than to punish us. He spared us from his wrath and hides us in his love. The grace of God is unmerited, undeserve, unearn. It is a free gift from the Holy God to the sinner. Knowing this truth, people can be changed. Yes! I believe! My life has changed a lot upon knowing that God is a good God. He never harm anyone. He only want you to trust him. I have plenty of things to share. But I have to go and rest. It's late in the evening. Just seek him and you will find him. You are blessed!

2. Default  
    welcome to BiliranIsland.com forum shalomel..
    "the heart has its reasons which reasons cannot understand"....

3. Default  
    Thanks too Jalmz. Stay Blessed!.

4. Default The Grace of God 
    Just want to continue in the Grace of God. Let us understand that Grace is not just a teaching nor a doctrine. Grace is a person. It's Jesus himself. Grace is an act of God's unconditional love. John 3:16 says; "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, so that whosoever believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." God's deepest desires is to be with us. To live among us. Although we failed many times He is very much eager to save us. He is not coming to harm us. He did not come to judge us. He did not come to condemn us. He came to save us. There are many things we can enjoy if we continue learning about this truth. Beloved reader, the Lord want to set you free. Grace is a gift! It's FREE! It is not a reward of the good works. Because of Grace we become accepted in the presence of God. By grace we are saved through faith. By knowing the grace we will learn to avoid ungodliness and all the things that does not please the Lord. Grace enables us to do things that pleases God. Grace is the ability of God to forget the sins of the people who put their trust in Him. Grace is the ability of God given to man to become righteous. Grace is made available for you... Just receive it! Stay blessed!
    Last edited by Shalomel; 02-28-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: spelling

5. Default In Praise of Grace 
    Hello Lady Grace!

You are the greatest treasure in this universe,
    Beauty of all beauties everywhere,
    Standing right here beside us,
    But unrecognized and unseen
    by many men and women.

Like the rain pouring from above,
    And water cool and clear,
    Flowing from a lone big rock,
    To quench the thirst of men as they journey,
    In this vast desert land.

6. Default Grace Is The Answer 
    Grace is the answer of the people's heavy burdens. Poeple have been bearing, carrying a very heavy burdens on his way to God. We had it long time ago since we understand that we need to get connected to God. We believe the teaching of religions that we need to maintain a good standard by performing religious laws and activities. Religion uses the laws as a set standard of righteous living. According to the Bible, there are 613 laws to be performed by the Jews, and I believe to those who follows that the law is important for their righteous living then they have to fulfill all the 613 laws. But mostly we failed. It is written, those who fulfill the laws and failed in one of these then he fell in everything. That's why there are plenty of people got tired and never come to church. Because they can't maintain it. They can't fulfill all the laws. Therefore, no one has become righteous by obeying the law. No one has been justified by the law. God will never help people to become successful in obeying the law. Because if there is a single person that will success then he/she will become boastful. In the book of Ephesians chapter two verse eight says; "By grace you have been saved through faith, it is the gift of God not yours." verse nine continues;"It is not by your own works, therefore no one can boast." Therefore grace is defined; the unmerited favor, undeserved favor, unearned favor from the Holy God to the sinful man. I believe if we could just understand and listen very carefully, ooooh,,,surely we will love him. We will run after him and embrace him.

7. Default In praise of Grace 
    The glitter of gold has blinded us
    the thirst for power has fooled us,
    Oh Grace, please pity us,
    As a sun rising from the east,
    Let your sunshine flow upon us,
    That we may wake up from this
    hypnotic sleep.

8. Default  
    While I agree that the grace of God is an unmerited favor of God to man, I would disagree the point that makes that grace a "person." Never once mentioned in the Bible that Jesus Christ is Grace. Jesus Christ was called in scripture "the Word of God" but never the title/name "Grace". So the grace of God is never a person.

But yes, it is because of the grace of God that Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and came again to life. In grace, it is God reaching out to man. But never without cost on his part. The Bible said "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..." In this case, it is not free gift. It cost Him so much.

The free gift is the salvation, eternal life of the believing soul. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Ro. 6:23". What caused it to be available for free as gift? The grace of God.

9. Default  
    Thanks to you rgjam for sharing your insight. You are right in saying that it cost God so much to save mankind. But God did not ask people to pay him back for the sacrificed he did. Many people are trying to pay him back. They think they awed a lot from God because he paid so much. Therefore they have to work hard and show their very best to empress God. But He did not ask people to pay him back. He just want people to receive his gift.That's why I love him. Because he paid it for me and for you too. That's okey if you don't agree that Grace is a person. But to believe that Grace is a person is a revelation to me. I just want to share it because it changed my life. John 1:17 says; For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Because of GRACE everything that God requires were made easy for men. There are a lot more of this revelation. In this truth I found that Jesus is the gift of God. Jesus is the eternal life. Jesus is my salvation. Jesus is my victory. Jesus is my provision. Jesus is my healing. Jesus became the sin offering for the forgiveness of all my sin. Jesus is my righteousness. Jesus is my sanctification. He made my life perfect by his righteousness. I believe to you as well. Because of this truth I totaly put my trust in him. Because of His Mercy and Grace I experienced his rest. You don't have to pay him back rgjam. because nobody can pay him back. He just want you to receive all of his goodness. Here I can tell that a good believer is a good receiver. "Grace and peace be multiply unto you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord." (1 Peter 1:2) You are blessed!

10. Default  
    If it is a revelation to you, who revealed it to you? If it was not revealed in the Holy Scriptures, it's not of the Holy Spirit!

It's good to appropriate and receive to ourselves what Christ has accomplished for us but things that go beyond what is guaranteed in scripture is grossly dangerous.

Joseph Smith received much revelations. Mohammed received much revelations. Apollo Quiboloy received much revelations. Do you want to be counted and identified with them?

Thread Information