Notices

Thread: books donated to schools in biliran from Australia

1. Default books donated to schools in biliran from Australia 
    Last week around 300 books were donated by the Cameron family (previously of Catmon) to schools on Biliran Island.
    This is the start of an ongoing program between us and the more remote schools in Biliran. For over 4 years my wife and I have been putting this program together to help the poorer schools. Only now has it turned from an idea to an action.
    This idea originated after I saw the poor condition and lack of books in my wifes previous school at Villa Consuelo.
    All together we sent just over 300 educational books from Australia. It was such a great feeling giving books to these kids.

This is not a politically motivated exercise, and we pay for the books ourselves. The freight is expensive and we are only just starting to get it together. The next lot of boxes will contain mainly encyclopedias and dictionaries. We will also be sending more science, English, math and other educational books. These books are mainly for pre-school to grade 6 ages.

Most of this first shipment of books went to Villa Consuelo and Capinahan. We gave a small amount to Catmon elementary school, with more to come with the next lot of boxes.

Any suggestions as to what other schools in need are appreciated, as now we have moved away from Biliran and don't have the time to visit the schools as regularly as we did before. We will always return to visit Biliran and keep up our books for Biliran program. My wifes family are there and the books are greatly needed there.

A Biliran island congressman recently told us that what we are doing is for a great cause and will be highly appreciated by these needy kids. He’s all for educating the children and offered some advice on future distribution methods and cheaper freight options. (He asked me not to quote his name as he doesn't want to receive any political recoginition for his suggestions– a truly ‘nice guy’ and not just out to earn votes.

So the program has started. Please send us any suggestions in regards to other ‘needy’ schools that we may be able to help…

Books with love from Emelyn and Philip Cameron...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11134a.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	87   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11145.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	88   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11157.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	89  

2. Default  
    hi philem.. thanks for sharing your blessings...
    "the heart has its reasons which reasons cannot understand"....

Thread Information