Notices

Thread: Shooters from Biliran Island shines in the Usec. Jaime Pacanan Shootfest in Tanauan,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Shooters from Biliran Island shines in the Usec. Jaime Pacanan Shootfest in Tanauan, 
    Iíve learned from a reliable source that pistol shooters from Biliran Island finished the two-day shooting event with flying colors. Around 200 handgun enthusiasts convened and showcased their shooting abilities in the 5-stages, 105 minimum rounds shooting event held in Tanauan Practical Shooting Incorporated shooting range in Brgy. Pago, Tanauan, Leyte, last July 18 & 19. Despite of the adverse weather condition, the Biliran shooters made their presence felt.

Raymond Cuento who hails from Caibiran, Biliran finished 6th in the over-all result in the Standard Category. Though he did not received any award, he bested 131 shooters from various gun clubs in the Leyte-Samar area.

Homer Ampong a shooter from Naval, Biliran, finished 16th in the over-all result in the Standard Category and Homer received a trophy as runner-up in the Range Officerís Division.

Arlan Granali, another shooter from Naval, Biliran was also a runner-up in the Range Officerís Division, Production Category.

Lorna Delante-Fergusson, the lone Lady Range Officer and shooter in the Ladies Open Division was the Champion in her category. Lorna hails from Alegria, Caibiran, Biliran.

Go Biliran Shooters!

Last edited by KillerQueen; 07-25-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Spelling

2. Default  
    HOwdy KillerQueen!

I wonder where did you get the press release. I'd like to point out that Arlan Granali, in fairness to him, was the Champion in the Production Division, Range Officer Category. If my memory serves me right, there were only less than 10 Range Officers competing in the Production Division.

I hope this thread would encourage other Biliran shooters.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by m1911a2 View Post
    HOwdy KillerQueen!

I wonder where did you get the press release. I'd like to point out that Arlan Granali, in fairness to him, was the Champion in the Production Division, Range Officer Category. If my memory serves me right, there were only less than 10 Range Officers competing in the Production Division.

I hope this thread would encourage other Biliran shooters.

Sir I have checked the results, Arlan Granali was the champion in the Range Officer's match production division. Homer Ampong ranks first runner-up in the standard division, SINGLE STACK Category, Range Officer's Match.

by the way sir what is Single Stack Category?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by eric; 07-26-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: question

4. Default  
    Well, my so-called reliable source wasn't that reliable after all. Am so sorry for the confussion i've caused you guys. I stand corrected M1911A2.

Just the same, am glad shooters from Biliran aren't leftovers in this sporting event.

By the way, i need advice from our shooters, what should i get for myself, a SP-01, a SP-01 Shadow or SP-01 Phantom?

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerQueen View Post
    Well, my so-called reliable source wasn't that reliable after all. Am so sorry for the confussion i've caused you guys. I stand corrected M1911A2.

Just the same, am glad shooters from Biliran aren't leftovers in this sporting event.

By the way, i need advice from our shooters, what should i get for myself, a SP-01, a SP-01 Shadow or SP-01 Phantom?
    first and foremost you have to consider if your gun is for competition, carry or home defense.
    if you have a big budget, buy a shadow. If budget will not permit, buy a sp-01 that's the tactical version. if it's for carry and competition, try the phantom for it has a polymer frame.
    I hope this helps!

6. Default  
    Thank you for the advice eric, but can you enlighten me further... what's the difference between "tactical" and "competition"? What about "home defense" and "carry"? Pardon my ignorance, aren't pistols for competition not for "home defense"?

Also, when you say "big budget", how big is "big budget"? What would i need to get into this shooting sport?

7. Default  
    Hello there Killer Queen!
    I admire your humility, you don't have to be sorry for that "unreliable" source of yours.

With regards to your inquiry, i'd say go for the Shadow. Or if you're lucky enough go get yourself a Sphinx 3000. I got my Shadow from Danny T of GunSports Trading.

For more details, just give me a PM and i'll be glad to let you test fire my Shadow.

By the way Killer Queen, may i know what part of Biliran are you from?
    Last edited by m1911a2; 07-31-2009 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Typographical error

8. Default  
    These are the terms that are most commonly use in the shooting.
    Most of the time, I have listen these terms from the commentator during the match.

Anaheim Boot Camp
    Last edited by Lionel; 10-22-2011 at 07:48 PM.

9. Default Shooters from Biliran Island shines in the Usec Jaime Pacanan Shootfest in Tanauan 
    Attactched is a picture of joe wiz message to me this morning Holy moly this guy is mean. I know you need paid but it says get your first day free?

10. Default Shooters from Biliran Island shines in the Usec Jaime Pacanan Shootfest in Tanauan 
    Flights start arriving mid May, but to have the resort fully open its June hope this helps. Weather is still unsettled at the moment

Thread Information