Notices

Thread: Catholic Priest Atrocities

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Catholic Priest Atrocities 
    The Manila Standard Today
    Dec. 5, 2007

LOS ANGELES—A Filipino woman who was sexually abused by seven Roman Catholic priests and had a baby by one of them received a $500,000 settlement from America’s largest archdiocese.

Rita Milla, now 46, first filed her case in 1984 after she said she was abused as a teenager by priests in the Los Angeles area. The payment was part of a $660-million global settlement the diocese reached collectively with past abuse victims.

“I’ll never escape the memories and I’ll always be fighting the after-effects of the trauma I went through, but now I can work on healing,” Milla said Tuesday at a news conference.

A state court found in 2003 that priest Valentine Tugade fathered Milla’s daughter, now 25. And another priest, Santiago Tamayo, admitted he had sex with Milla and publicly apologized years before his death in 1999.

The diocese refused to comment on Milla’s case, referring questions to a statement by Cardinal Roger Mahony. The whereabouts of the remaining priests were unclear.

“We will continue our long-standing efforts to protect children, prevent sexual abuse and the potential for abuse,” Cardinal Roger Mahony said in a statement.

Milla has maintained that she was molested by Tamayo at a church in Carson when she was 16. After she turned 18, she says, she had sexual intercourse with Tamayo and he introduced her to six other priests who also abused her.

After she was impregnated in 1982 by Tugade at a Los Angeles-area church, Milla said, Tamayo suggested that she get an abortion, then devised a plan to send her to the Philippines to have the child.

Milla returned to California after giving birth to her daughter, Jacqueline, and pleaded with the archdiocese for help but was refused. On the day Milla sued 23 years ago, all seven of the accused priests disappeared from the their parish offices, said her lawyer, Gloria Allred.

Tamayo later went to the Philippines. In 2004, Allred released documents showing the Church urged Tamayo to stay in that country after Jacqueline’s birth and mailed him checks.

In three letters, Church officials advised him not to reveal the source of the payments “unless requested under oath,” noting that he was “liable for personal suits arising out of your past actions.”

Milla, now a medical assistant who lives in southern Los Angeles County, said that she had not spoken with Tugade since shortly after her return from the Philippines.

Tugade, who was last known to be living in Fremont in Northern California, never expressed interest in caring for the child, she said.

“He was disappointed actually that she wasn’t a boy,” Milla said.

While she once planned to become a nun, Milla no longer believes in God. She said she lost her faith because of the Church’s callousness.

“I thought that the Church would make everything OK, that they would punish them,” she said.

“After the Church showed me that they didn’t care about what happened, I realized what they were really about, that they were more like a business.

“They have no fear of God.” AP

Remarks:

I lost my faith with the catholic priest matagal na although I am solid catholic. I can't understand why they push theirselves into celebacy wherein their corruptible body can't handle their crave to flesh, "man of God" panaman ang turing sa kanila. Like in the report, they rape a filipina lady...sus maryosep... ano ba yan. May iba, batang lalaki naman ang binabanatan. My goodness what a sick mind.

2. Default  
    everytime i read news about rape of any sorts...i can't help the feeling na ang sarap pumatay o maging vigilante..man is polygamous in nature and entering into celebacy doesn't prevent them from feeling horny or whatsoever...because they're man!... and then they're going to rape someone..oh for heaven's sake! i think the roman church should allow their priests to get married kasi panahon pa ni rizal tong mga pari ng rerape eh...ngaun pati mga boys pa...damn disgusting pigs!

3. Default  
    There are so many ways to get relief na di naman kailangan mang rape hehehe o di kaya palibutan ng punong papaya ang convent nila to slow down their libido. O dikaya mag dasal ng taimtim, papako sa cross o pahampas sa likod para ma divert ang isip kalibugan.

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    There are so many ways to get relief na di naman kailangan mang rape hehehe o di kaya palibutan ng punong papaya ang convent nila to slow down their libido. O dikaya mag dasal ng taimtim, papako sa cross o pahampas sa likod para ma divert ang isip kalibugan.

Jeff, papayas could slow down your libidos??? Im just curious i dont know that info..

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    i like "papaya" lalo na pag hinog kasi "malambot"

6. Default  
    it only shows that we are just human...by God's creation...nilagyan tayo ng different sex organ for its purpose...kaya di natin sila ma blame....

7. Default  
    no one is perfect...even the choosen one makasala gihapon, it is because we are subjected to commit sin, anong gamit ng REPENTANCE kung walang kasalanan diba? we are just human...but all we have to do is get away with the temptation, kabalo na ta nga init nganong e ipaduol man jud nato atong kamot...dba?

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    everytime i read news about rape of any sorts...i can't help the feeling na ang sarap pumatay o maging vigilante..man is polygamous in nature and entering into celebacy doesn't prevent them from feeling horny or whatsoever...because they're man!... and then they're going to rape someone..oh for heaven's sake! i think the roman church should allow their priests to get married kasi panahon pa ni rizal tong mga pari ng rerape eh...ngaun pati mga boys pa...damn disgusting pigs!
    DONT GET ME WRONG BUT I SELDOM GOING TO CHURCH, THE LAST TIME I WAS IN CHURCH AND STAY THERE FOR LONG WAS MY WEDDING. I HAVE MY OWN SMALL CHAPEL IN MY HOME, AND THERE I CAN SAY AND TALK TO THE LORD PEACEFULLY. I CAN SAY THINGS DIRECT FROM MY HEART, I DO BELIEVED THAT GOD IS EVERYWHERE. I WAS A FANATIC BEFORE BUT IT WAS CHANGE WHEN I SAW ONE PRIEST IN THAT CATHOLIC CHURCH WHERE I USED TO ATTEND MASS, HUGGING AND KISSING WITH A LADY LIKE A LOVER IN A HOTEL LOBBY. I WAS SHOCK AND WANT TO BE SURE. KAYA LUMAPIT AKO AND GREET HIM " HELLO FATHER" TALO PA NYA ANG NAKAKITA NG MULTO, MAPULA ANG MUKHA PARANG GALING IMPYERNO". never again na nag attend ako ng mesa..siempre pumupunta pa rin ako ng simbahan, to light a candle and say some prayers IF there will be no mass and not so much people in church.
    Last edited by jalmz; 12-08-2007 at 07:06 PM.

9. Default  
    TEMPTATION is all around us...no doubt that some of us no matter how we tightened up our belt not to be tempted is of no use for we are morally corrupted. Talking about priests, in general, they should be castrated before becoming one so that they don't have any sense of libido at all!...sry, to have uttered that!..

Guys, on the face of this earth, WE ARE ALL SINNERS...some of you might not agree with me...
    "que sera, sera... what will be, will be"

10. Default  
    yap, human being.. We are all a Sinners, thats why i decided myself not to go for a confession to a sinner.likewise I can talk to the LORD by myself, with all my heart or kinasingkasing, without asking favor to a human being like me to ask forgiveness in my behalf. I dont need to read a prayer book to pray, i dont need to memorize what was written in the books to say something to the LORD, i want to say something that come from my heart... my own way of talking to the holy Almighty..

Thread Information