Notices

Thread: Republic Act 10172

1. Default Republic Act 10172 
    Hello Everyone;

My wife is now a citizen of the U.S. and she wants to petition her parents to visit us in the U.S. We have one problem and that is her mother's birth records. The first name on her birth records is "Baby Girl" and that name needs to be changed to her real name. This is considered a "first name change". I've researched it on the Philippine government web site and it actually gives "Baby Girl" as an example of a first name change. I was directed to Republic Act 10172 for the procedure to correct her birth records. RA 10172 clarifies its purpose as:

SECTION 1. Section 1 of Republic Act No. 9048, hereinafter referred to as the Act, is hereby amended to read as follows:
    and goes on to state:

“SECTION 1. Authority to Correct Clerical or Typographical Error and Change of First Name or Nickname. – No entry in a civil register shall be changed or corrected without a judicial order, except for clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname"

A reasonable fee is allowed for the first name change and there is no fee for "indigent petioners" according to this Act:

"SEC. 4. Section 8 of the Act is hereby amended to read as follows:
    “SEC. 8. Payment of Fees. – The city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general shall be authorized to collect reasonable fees as a condition for accepting the petition. An indigent petitioner shall be exempt from the payment of the said fee."

It seems to me that P15,000 is not a reasonable fee.

Thank you very much
    Last edited by JovyDavid; 08-06-2015 at 01:29 PM.

2. Default  
    Hi sir,

Heres the reply of Rosalie Costibolo Raquil-Agang Mr. David Burgess and Jovy Juan Sanoria for your information it seems you are not fully informed as to what had transpired in the Office of the Municipal Civil Registrar LGU Cabucgayan, Biliran. July 29 your mother Evelyn Juan Sanoria came and ask for assistance regarding her No Record of Birth at the NSO and requests for delayed registration of birth and upon checking of our record in the CRIS system I found out that your mother has on time registration year 1956 with the name BABY GIRL SANICO JUAN..She was advised then for RA 9048 for change of name..as for documentary evidences I asked for her marriage certificate only to find out that it has also erroneous entries so both her birth and marriage certificates will undergo the RA 9048 process..

https://www.facebook.com/biliranisland

Swanie Flores-Ponce Enage 10172 introduced amendment on 9048, it adds correction of date of birth or sex of a person in the level of the civil registrar so long that it is patently clear that there was a clerical and typographical error or mistake. The law also provide for payments of fees so it means Official receipts will be given once payment is done so ask for it! So , Ate Rosalie Costibolo Raquil-Agang go go give the details so that Mr. David here will get what he wants insist is such a strong word and it would be unfair if you cant explain yourself here.

More from this link
    https://www.facebook.com/biliranisla...56335290100131
    Last edited by jalmz; 08-07-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    "the heart has its reasons which reasons cannot understand"....

3. Angry  
    Quote Originally Posted by JovyDavid View Post
    Hello Everyone;

My wife is now a citizen of the U.S. and she wants to petition her parents to visit us in the U.S. We have one problem and that is her mother's birth records. The first name on her birth records is "Baby Girl" and that name needs to be changed to her real name. This is considered a "first name change". I've researched it on the Philippine government web site and it actually gives "Baby Girl" as an example of a first name change. I was directed to Republic Act 10172 for the procedure to correct her birth records. RA 10172 clarifies its purpose as:

SECTION 1. Section 1 of Republic Act No. 9048, hereinafter referred to as the Act, is hereby amended to read as follows:
    and goes on to state:

“SECTION 1. Authority to Correct Clerical or Typographical Error and Change of First Name or Nickname. – No entry in a civil register shall be changed or corrected without a judicial order, except for clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname"

A reasonable fee is allowed for the first name change and there is no fee for "indigent petioners" according to this Act:

"SEC. 4. Section 8 of the Act is hereby amended to read as follows:
    “SEC. 8. Payment of Fees. – The city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general shall be authorized to collect reasonable fees as a condition for accepting the petition. An indigent petitioner shall be exempt from the payment of the said fee."

It seems to me that P15,000 is not a reasonable fee.

Thank you very much

I think you delivered 2 valuable questions that gives my attention!

1. the RA10172
    2. the payments amounting to P15,000.00

it is really the amount that collect by the registrar?

Thread Information