Notices

Thread: Corruption in Biliran

1. Default Corruption in Biliran 
    Hi

I don't know if there is a forum to report corruption on this website or if this post will just get deleted.

I live overseas and have been supporting a Filipino to go to school for the past 3+ years and naturally when Typhoon Yolanda devastated the region I was worried and helped how I could. I am not rich in the slightest and sacrifice my own needs so that I can afford to help a student finish her studies.

So when I learned that the family of the person I support wont be receiving any funds to help rebuild their house that was partially damaged during the typhoon I was upset. Just like I'm upset to learn other families whose houses were either partially damaged or completely damaged also haven't received the compensation they are entitled to.

Apparently it is common knowledge there that the brgy captains and the brgy families of captains have benefited from the compensation funds even if their houses were not damaged or destroyed. Each family is entitled to P10,000 for damage to their house and P30,000 if their house was destroyed.

I find it unbelievable that it is common knowledge that this corruption is allowed to continue. It is common knowledge that there are families in need and who are entitled to compensation - and it is common knowledge that brgy captains and families of those captains are the ones who are benefiting. Stand up and say something please.

This is disgusting and morally wrong - where can I make a formal complaint about this corruption as I'm so tired of helping Filipino's when they can't even help those who need it. You all know it's happening yet nothing is done about it. Please don't just ignore it and pretend nothing can be done about it - there are families that are struggling and need help - the corruption needs to be addressed.

Please tell me where I can report this corruption

Thank you

2. Default  
    hi sir/mam,

if you're a follower of biliranisland fan page, you might be aware that there is an increasing discontent of ESA distribution throughout the province especially in a certain municipality.The government is aware of this, but they gave no answer that can satisfy those that are in dire need of help.

I will post your complaint in fan page and hopefully they can do something about it. You can complain in DSWD or in the municipality but i doubt if youll hear any favorable result
    "the heart has its reasons which reasons cannot understand"....

3. Default Corruption in Biliran 
    Its going to take a lot longer than 9 or 10 months to decrease the amount of corruption which has been deeply rooted in this country and which the average Thai seems willing to go along with corruption is ok as long as it benefits me. Those people Thai/foreigner alike who continue to willingly participate in the practice of under-the-table. tea money or whatever you want to call them payments are certainly not helping matters either. It appears to me that the new government is at least trying to stamp out the practice. Unfortunately, it is so wide spread that its going to take time to correct what has grown into a national problem. I would liken it to a cancer which has metastasized spreading throughout the country.

4. Default Corruption in Biliran 
    BlackBerry devices do not traditionally support .rar files, and I have no issues playing mp3s on any BlackBerry. Are you sure they are mp3 format? As for .rar files, you will have to extract the files on a computer before moving them to your device.

5. Default Corruption in Biliran 
    Agree. i also forsee Corki, MF, and Twitch reaching Ezreal status, or at least one of them will. Edit: i dont think Ezreal is balanced like Phreak trys to claim. thell reach Ezreal status in that thell be UP, not balanced.

Thread Information