Maripipi. A coastal island located in the northernmost part of Biliran Province. Southern west of the Visayan Sea and in the Northern part lies the Samar sea.It has a total land area of 2,836.65 hectares, with a total circumference of 24 kilometers. A 5th class municipality.
POPULATION AND DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE
- Total population of 9,750 head counts and 1,687 households.
- It is composed of 15 barangays, which comprises 70 purok/zones.
- Almost all of the total populace can speak waray and other dialects such as cebuano, tagalog etc.
- Of the total population, 99% are Roman Catholics
- 1% belongs to other religious sects.
- Has virgin forest
- It is a good fishing ground with clear and clean beaches.
- Generally no pollution at present.
The principal sources of income of the constituents are:
- Copra buy and sell and small scale industries
- The fluctuating price of copra wherein most people depend on, and the increasing price of basic commodities greatly affect the economic situation of the community.
100% of the circumferential road is cemented
The RORO Port
Regular trip from the island to Naval, Biliran is available from Monday to Saturday
- Has 10 elementary schools and 2 high schools, the MNVS and the VNHS.
- Now vocational courses such as Furniture and Cabinet making, Food trades and Ceramics are being offered back to regular students.
PEACE AND ORDER
- Maripipi island is generally peaceful.
- Maripipians celebrate the town fiesta every 28th & 29th of September in honor of St. Michael.
Maripipi has 15 barangays.
- Binalayan West
- Binalayan East
- Binongto-an (Poblacion Norte)
- Ermita (Poblacion Sur)
• Mayor Uldarico P. Macorol
• Total 27.83 km2 (10.75 sq mi)
Population (2015 census)
• Total 7,159
• Density 260/km2 (670/sq mi)
Time zone PST (UTC+8)
ZIP code 6543
IDD : area code +63 (0)53
Income class 5th Class
Mayor Elding Macorol
Vice Mayor Getulio Castro
- Macorol, Kisam
- Mulles, Felisa
- Albelda, Arnolda Rutchel
- Macorol, Mervin
- Asugas, Juan Jr.
- Atiga, Nitoy
- Bacolod, Noe
- Salonoy, Felizardo Jr.