Name: Carlos L. Chan, Sr.
Place of birth: Biliran, Biliran
Date of Birth: February 2, 1955
Civil Status: Married
A man destined to win. In his political career he never experienced defeat but this time it maybe an uphill battle for him. – BiliranIsland.com
Elementary: Biliran Central School – 1962-1968
Secondary: University of San Carlos – North Campus, Cebu, City -1968-1971
College: Velez University, Cebu City – Bachelors of Arts Major in English 1971-1975
Post Graduate: De La Salle University – Master in Business Administration (MBA) Taft Manila-from 1978-1980
Master in Public Management-Naval Institute of Technology-Naval, Biliran
Civil Service Eligibility: Career Professional
Position held in the government service
June 15, 1987-1988
OIC Mayor (LIBERAL Party) – Biliran, Biliran (Appointed)
President of the Mayors League – Biliran Province
Municipal Mayor (LABAN Party) to June 31, 1998 – Three Terms
Municipal Mayor (LDP Party)
July 1, 1995-1998
Business Manager of the League of Municipalities of the Philippines (LMP)
July 1, 1998 to June 30, 2007
Vice Governor (LAKAS Party) – Province of Biliran
March 13, 2001-2004
Press Relation Officer (PRO) League of Vice Governor of the Philippines (LVGP)
July 1, 2004 – March 13, 2007
Vice Chairman of the League of Vice Governor of the Philippines (LVGP) and Most Outstanding Vice Governor of the Philippines.
July 1, 2007 to date Municipal Mayor (KAMPI Party) – Biliran, Biliran
December 20, 2007 to date appointed as Presidential Adviser of the Philippine International Sisterhood and Twinning Association (PHISTA)
District Manager-Chic Centre Corporation-Manila-1980-1983
District Manager-Kayo Oil Corporation-Perry Georgia U.S.A -1983-1986
Training Program Attended
1. Parliamentary Rules and Procedures-Conducted by – Development Acadamy of the Philippines.
2. Strategic Planning Workshop-Conducted by Evelio Javier Foundation
3. Capable Local Authorities Cornerstone of Democratic Institution – Conducted by IULA USIS LOGODEF
4. Executive Management – DILG Regional Office
5. Sister Cities International Conference – Tulsa Oklahoma – USA
6. Management of Coastal Town/Cities-Advisory Committee on Protection of the sea.
7. 34th Local Administration and Development Program – By Local Government Center – UP Diliman
8. National Convention on the Philippines Sisterhood Program – Philippine Sisterhood Association.
9. Revenue Raising and Management Procedure-Conducted by UASAID Pert, Western Australia, Development Acadamy of the Philippines of Deliman.
“My Father Hilarion R. Chan was the Provincial Chairman of the Liberal Party till he died”
Comments are closed.