ABS-CBN News
Posted at Aug 21 2021 01:27 AM | Updated as of Aug 21 2021 03:30 AM

MANILA (UPDATED)- Various areas in the Visayas experienced a power blackout early Saturday morning, electric cooperatives reported.

The Visayan Electric Company, which serves cities and municipalities in Cebu province, said its “whole franchise” went out around midnight. It later said some areas in the towns of Minglanilla, Naga and San Fernando already have power.

“Our System Operations Team is still coordinating with (National Grid Corporation of the Philippines) as of this moment,” it said in a statement on Facebook.

The Samar Electric Cooperative also said there was a “total shutdown in the entire islands of Samar and Leyte” also around midnight.

The Leyte Electric Cooperative, meanwhile, said power in Tacloban City and the towns of Palo and Babatngon had been out since 11:58 p.m. Friday.

Bohol also has lost its power supply, the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines said.

The NGCP has disclose the cause behind the power blackout, as of writing. – with a report from Annie Perez/ABS CBN News

Previous articleAmerican national involved in vehicular accident fled, arrested
Next articleBiliran isinailalim sa MGCQ dahil sa pagpasok ng Delta variant

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here