By Staff
Published 5:00 PM, May 07, 2023

Almeria, Biliran— Unattended fire from cooking caught fire that caused a house to turn into ashes about 5: 30 in the afternoon on Thursday, May 4, in Brgy. Tamarindo here.

Almeria Fire Marshall Senior Fire Officer 3 Romeo Tan, identified the house as a couple Joel, 45 and Marilou Caparro, 44, farmers and a resident of the said barangay.

Fire investigator Senior Fire Officer 2 Florencio Gayrama in an interview disclosed that based on the account of the son of the couple identified as Christian Caparro, during inquiry, he left the kitchen after cooking without fully extinguishing the fire. He said that he thought that the fire was totally extinguished but unfortunately it ignited again and caught the gas stove as well the rags which were placed nearby. He added that the house was immediately devoured by fire because it was built with light materials.

SFO2 Gayrama disclosed that they arrived at the area about 5: 33 in the afternoon but the fire was already totally gutted by fire as it is made of light materials. He said no injury was reported from the fire but initial estimate in the house was about P14,000 since this are made of light materials only. He added that they will be returning to the site today to interview the family as the local fire bureau learned that the family lost two single motorcycles, refrigerator, television set, gas stove and carpentry tools.


Previous articleShoplifter caught
Next articleRank No. 9 Regional Level drug peddler falls in buy bust


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here